Machado to the Dodgers, 5-1 deal

TonySoprano

Just now, Rojo13 said:

I've only been in town for 6 years. Can someone tell me why Angelos wouldn't do international signings? I mean the dude isn't racist so what is it. Is there a story? I mean just look at how many good Latin players there are. And if he doesn't do international signings, how did we get Schoop?

I've heard that Angelos thinks the international signing system is exploitative as one of the rumors.  But I've never heard a definitive answer.  

5 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

machado_la_5x2.jpg&w=1320&h=528&scale=cr

I gotta say...looking at that picture really hurts. To follow a guy's career as a draft prospect, all the way through the minors, and then through multiple all star seasons in the bigs, to now seeing this picture....it's just depressing.

He'll still be one of my favorite players in baseball though. Best of luck to you Manny!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, tnsmith90 said:

I gotta say...looking at that picture really hurts. To follow a guy's career as a draft prospect, all the way through the minors, and then through multiple all star seasons in the bigs, to now seeing this picture....it's just depressing.

He'll still be one of my favorite players in baseball though. Best of luck to you Manny!

I just threw up in my mouth. 

For anyone who hasn't cut the cord, MLB network broadcasts the Dodgers frequently. I know, I'll be watching. 

51 minutes ago, tnsmith90 said:

Could be worse (and may still end up being worse if goes to NYY in the off-season). The Dodgers at least have the distinguished class/history of Jackie Robinson/Branch Rickey. Plus- in their Brooklyn days- they were a gritty, blue collar rival to the NYY not too dissimilar to us when we’ve got our act together. At any rate, all things considered- seeing him in Dodger Blue ain’t the worst IMHO...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

I wonder if they're low on Pop simply because he's already a relief pitcher. Either way, nice little injection of young talent there.

The Pop selection is the exact thing I've been suggesting the Orioles do in the draft for years.  Hope he makes t.