Take this for what it's worth....

ChuckS

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

Agreed.  But the old man has been the main driver behind that ongoing litigation.  Settlements can happen quickly.  The Angelos sons may be willing to settle.  

If they take a bad deal, they risk not having an attractive product to sell. I don't think they are going to rush through a settlement at the detriment of a prospective sale of the team.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I know some of these NFL stadiums have ballooned to over a billion. Not sure if a ballpark would cost that much.

By the time it is said and done Miami taxpayers will be paying over a billion for the Marlins new stadium.

The New Rays stadium is estimated at 892 Million and it only seats 30,482.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

By the time it is said and done Miami taxpayers will be paying over a billion for the Marlins new stadium.

Of which about 11k will be utilized.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I wonder what genius came up with the idea for about 31k in possible attendance? Beyond stupid.

2 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I wonder what genius came up with the idea for about 31k in possible attendance? Beyond stupid.

There is something to be said for smaller stadiums with less capacity.  Drives up prices/demand for the tickets.  

Most empty seats in a baseball stadiums are the cheap ones anyway.  

7 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

He did get funds from the city  for his Port Covington project.Sagamore Properties now has a whiskey and hotel,etc.Under Armour is doing a little better but has allocated  funds to Port Covington One thing I did find interesting in Phase 4 (future and long term projects) for Port Covington lists an arena and retractable dome stadium to be built on the site I think it is a long way off or a pipe dream 

Tried the Sagamore Spirit Rye Whiskey, didn't think it was all that great.

Just now, ChuckS said:

There is something to be said for smaller stadiums with less capacity.  Drives up prices/demand for the tickets.  

Most empty seats in a baseball stadium are the cheap ones anyway.  

I'm fine with the seating, I just don't understand how that small a park comes in at around 900M.

Not sure where they expect to get that funding.

2 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

What’s wrong with 31K? You know they have trouble drawing down there. Longoria has suggested that they might consider moving.

Archived