Take this for what it's worth....

ChuckS

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, weams said:

So you are saying that Baltimore could get a new team after the Orioles move to Indianapolis?  Or one could be moved there eventually?

No, I'm saying once the league expands to 32 teams, then perhaps there will be considerations on moving teams. The Rays, Marlins, A's, and Pirates all are more likely candidates than the Orioles at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

In today's MLB landscape, teams don't move.  Who cares what the NFL does?

If the point can be made that the Orioles, from a financial standpoint, is more viable to MLB, they could be moved. You get an outsider wanting to buy the O’s, he/she is going to want a big return on their investment. If they can get it somewhere else, moving the O’s outta Baltimore is not far fetched.

1 minute ago, ORIOLE33 said:

If the point can be made that the Orioles, from a financial standpoint, is more viable to MLB, they could be moved. You get an outsider wanting to buy the O’s, he/she is going to want a big return on their investment. If they can get it somewhere else, moving the O’s outta Baltimore is not far fetched.

It's far fetched.

First find me a city willing to spend a billion on a ballpark.

4 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

No, I'm saying once the league expands to 32 teams, then perhaps there will be considerations on moving teams. The Rays, Marlins, A's, and Pirates all are more likely candidates than the Orioles at this point. 

But what if the O’s get a new owner and they want to move? Then what?

1 minute ago, Malike said:

First off, nobody is buying the O's until there is a complete resolution to the MASN situation. You simply cannot get an accurate value of the franchise until that happens. How long has it been going on now?

Agreed.  But the old man has been the main driver behind that ongoing litigation.  Settlements can happen quickly.  The Angelos sons may be willing to settle.  

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's far fetched.

First find me a city willing to spend a billion on a ballpark.

I know some of these NFL stadiums have ballooned to over a billion. Not sure if a ballpark would cost that much.

16 minutes ago, weams said:

I have NO information on the Orioles. I have knowledge of that other company.

He did get funds from the city  for his Port Covington project.Sagamore Properties now has a whiskey and hotel,etc.Under Armour is doing a little better but has allocated  funds to Port Covington One thing I did find interesting in Phase 4 (future and long term projects) for Port Covington lists an arena and retractable dome stadium to be built on the site I think it is a long way off or a pipe dream 

Archived