Roch: Showalter met with an ownership representative and should already know his fate.

mdbdotcom

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

Why? You think MLB stepping in and running the franchise is a good idea because you're not satisfied with the speed that they make decisions? 

Both individuals are still drawing a paycheck until the end of the month. 

It shows no one is running the team.  They may be drawing paychecks but if you want them back next year you offer them contracts. If you don't you let them know their status.  

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, atomic said:

I believe the Sun paper when they report on sports.  I am not sure why I wouldn't believe them.  And DD and Buck should know their status by the last game of the season by the latest.  It means ownership is not doing their jobs.  I don't know why you are defending them.  And yes managers do get interviewed and GM's can get interviewed during this time.  It is just gross incompetence at best. 

You are entitled to your opinion.

When the Post in DC can out report the Sun at times over the years on the Orioles, it doesn't lead me to believe the Sun has the Orioles as a priority authority on all things Orioles.

By the last day of the season, is not something how the Orioles operate. If you go back over the years,.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

You are entitled to your opinion.

When the Post in DC can out report the Sun at times over the years on the Orioles, it doesn't lead me to believe the Sun has the Orioles as a priority authority on all things Orioles.

By the last day of the season, is not something how the Orioles operate. If you go back over the years,.

How does out reporting have to do with anything. They quote both Buck and DD.  You think the Baltimore Sun reporters are lying?  That is ridiculous.  What would they have to gain?

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

How does out reporting have to do with anything. They quote both Buck and DD.  You think the Baltimore Sun reporters are lying?  That is ridiculous.  What would they have to gain?

Maybe the Sun is listening to the wrong voice inside the warehouse?

Showalter’s contract runs through October, but an announcement is expected to come later this week, though he said he hasn’t been given a timetable. He met yesterday with an ownership representative, according to multiple sources.

For me it boils down to one thing. Chris Davis. Anyone involved in making the decision to sign Davis and then to have him bat leadoff needs to go. Who ever those people are should never get another job in MLB. I love what Buck did for the club. I think he is a big reason why we got back to the playoffs. If he's responsible for Davis, then all of that means nothing. He ruined the franchise for years to come.

13 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

For me it boils down to one thing. Chris Davis. Anyone involved in making the decision to sign Davis and then to have him bat leadoff needs to go. Who ever those people are should never get another job in MLB. I love what Buck did for the club. I think he is a big reason why we got back to the playoffs. If he's responsible for Davis, then all of that means nothing. He ruined the franchise for years to come.

What I've read before was the Davis deal was on Peter Angelos. Buck and Brady may have had their hands in the Davis deal too. Buck has made a lot of missteps and I am glad he will be gone. Brady needs to go also. Clean house top to bottom. In my opinion that is the only way this organization can improve. Adding sugar to shit doesn't change the shit. 

27 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Davis will not ruin the franchise for years to come.  He can sit on the bench and be a defensive replacement.  His salary will not cause the team much of a problem because the payroll will be low for years.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Buck hasn't been talked to.  He was quoted in the Sun as haven't been notified. 

The OP in this thread is about how Buck met with an ownership representative  and knows his fate. 

I doubt they were discussing the weather.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Who knows what they’ve been told.   Personally, observing Buck’s demeanor in his final presser of the year, I believe he’s been told he’s out.    But that just my opinion, and I could be wrong.    

I find it hard to believe that anyone would be that emotional if a decision had not yet been made or   the possibility of returning was still possible. 

That was a goodbye without the words. 

37 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The OP in this thread is about how Buck met with an ownership representative  and knows his fate. 

I doubt they were discussing the weather.  

The original Roch article was, Buck met with ownership rep, and was told, a decision would be made by the end of the week, or something along that line.

I suspect Buck knows his fate, he is not a stupid man, in spite of what some posters believe.

Archived