Roch: Showalter met with an ownership representative and should already know his fate.

mdbdotcom

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Maybe there is a lot of management, coaches and front office changes to make, but I don't expect many acquisition on the field.   A rule 5 guy in early December.   Maybe float Cobb and Givens names in January after a lot of the free agent have signed.  Some minor league signings.   Maybe non tender Caleb and resign him.   

But not expensive free agents.   Maybe some waiver wire action if they see someone better than what the have. I don't expect any real money to be spent outside of Mesa if they can get him.

Well I'm more interested in who the manager will be next season. If Brady is gone. Hope so.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

They aren’t going to let him keep working until the end of October and fire him. That makes no sense.  

Ha,  Making sense is not the O's strong suit. And they don't have to fire Dan.  Just leave his contract run out.

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Ha,  Making sense is not the O's strong suit. And they don't have to fire Dan.  Just leave his contract run out.

So he is going to evaluate players for a month and then they let his contract expire? 

This thing is set. Buck is gone and DD is back. 

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I have seen this repeated over and over again that just letting their contracts expire is not firing them.  When you want to keep your job and your employer tells you they won't pay you to do said job any longer you are being FIRED.

49 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I have seen this repeated over and over again that just letting their contracts expire is not firing them.  When you want to keep your job and your employer tells you they won't pay you to do said job any longer you are being FIRED.

Maybe Dan will get lucky and there will be a glitch in payroll, and he'll keep receiving his paycheck.

50 minutes ago, atomic said:

From todays Sun article DD doesn't seem th o know his fate either.  Just when you thought team couldn't be more poorly run the Orioles take it up a notch.  Hopefully MLB steps in soon.

Why? You think MLB stepping in and running the franchise is a good idea because you're not satisfied with the speed that they make decisions? 

Both individuals are still drawing a paycheck until the end of the month. 

59 minutes ago, atomic said:

From todays Sun article DD doesn't seem th o know his fate either.  Just when you thought team couldn't be more poorly run the Orioles take it up a notch.  Hopefully MLB steps in soon.

Atomic,

Since when did you start believing everything you see in print or the internet?

At this point, during the playoffs, nothing is getting done anyway, so its really not as huge issue, as you are trying to turn this into.

I get it, you are anxious for them to get the rebuild started.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

So if Buck has been talked to and Dan hasn’t what does that tell you? 

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

Atomic,

Since when did you start believing everything you see in print or the internet?

At this point, during the playoffs, nothing is getting done anyway, so its really not as huge issue, as you are trying to turn this into.

I get it, you are anxious for them to get the rebuild started.

I believe the Sun paper when they report on sports.  I am not sure why I wouldn't believe them.  And DD and Buck should know their status by the last game of the season by the latest.  It means ownership is not doing their jobs.  I don't know why you are defending them.  And yes managers do get interviewed and GM's can get interviewed during this time.  It is just gross incompetence at best. 

Archived