Roch: Showalter met with an ownership representative and should already know his fate.

mdbdotcom

2 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Should have been told after yesterday's game that Buck won't be back.

Eh, I really don’t care whether they announced it yesterday, announce it today, or announce it later this week.    I’m sure they already made a decision and discussed it with Buck.  

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Eh, I really don’t care whether they announced it yesterday, announce it today, or announce it later this week.    I’m sure they already made a decision and discussed it with Buck.  

Buck said he didn't know yesterday.   

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I didn't hear him say that.  In the post game he said he didn't want to get into it.   When did he say he didn't know?

From Yesterday's Sun: "Showalter insists he doesn't know what will happen, and can't opine publicly about it until the season's over. His contract isn't up until the end of October, and he doesn't know what the time frame will be."

I'm not sure I really believe it, but he did say it. 

41 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I hope that's right. Certainly, that's what even a slightly responsible, professionally run organization would do. But this is the 2018 Baltimore Orioles, so I wouldn't bet on it.

35 minutes ago, atomic said:

Buck said he didn't know yesterday.   

When did he say that?   Link please.  On the post-game presser, he merely said he wanted to limit questions to those about the final game (i.e., no questions about his situation).    So nobody asked.    

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

When did he say that?   Link please.  On the post-game presser, he merely said he wanted to limit questions to those about the final game (i.e., no questions about his situation).    So nobody asked.    

Look above  Ohfan67 mentions where it is from. 

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

By the way, Buck's and DD's contracts don't end until the end of October...so don't hold your breath!

Yeah, it won’t take that long, if history is any guide.    The O’s talked to MacPhail about returning but moved on by Oct. 8.    Wren and Miller were let go on Oct. 7.   Hargrove was let go on Sept. 30.    Jim Beattie was let go on Oct. 10.   

1 minute ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

If the Orioles were a normal MLB team, Buck and some of his coaches would have been fired during the season. The Orioles need to make the announcement in the next 24 hours at the latest. As we Oriole fans know, the Orioles have alot of work ahead of them. They need to get busy.

Maybe there is a lot of management, coaches and front office changes to make, but I don't expect many acquisition on the field.   A rule 5 guy in early December.   Maybe float Cobb and Givens names in January after a lot of the free agent have signed.  Some minor league signings.   Maybe non tender Caleb and resign him.   

But not expensive free agents.   Maybe some waiver wire action if they see someone better than what the have. I don't expect any real money to be spent outside of Mesa if they can get him.

Archived