Roch: Showalter met with an ownership representative and should already know his fate.

mdbdotcom

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dark Helmet said:

I agree. I think it's Earl and then Buck. For me, Buck did more with less. He didn't inherit a good team and he wasn't given the roster Davey Johnson was.

Davey wasn't here long enough (unfortunately) for me to consider him.  But I don't think he could have done much with the 98 and onward rosters.  Would have been interesting, though.

I think it is hard to comparatively judge managers. They are even more subject to the peculiarities of their times than the players are. If they can coax coordinated performance out of players (no matter how talented or not they are on paper), they get a thumbs up in my book. Very rarely an Earl comes along, but I think far less frequently so than people want to proclaim.

An ownership "representative".   Am I the only one bothered by the sound of that?

He's the only winning manager this team has had in almost 20 years ... Is Angelos (or his son's) really THAT busy that they can't afford to have a sit down w/ Buck? 

2 hours ago, Elbren said:

An ownership "representative".   Am I the only one bothered by the sound of that?

He's the only winning manager this team has had in almost 20 years ... Is Angelos (or his son's) really THAT busy that they can't afford to have a sit down w/ Buck? 

He has lost more than he won here.

Or did you mean only manager with a winning season?

9 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

I attended today’s game, and was surprised at the lack of any acknowledgement of Buck. He wasn’t even shown on the video board, kind of a head-scratcher. 

Maybe that was his choice? Disappointing regardless. 

Sounds like the Angels gave Mike Scioscia a weekend long tribute/sendoff. 

Archived