Roch: Showalter met with an ownership representative and should already know his fate.

mdbdotcom

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Just giving you a hard time man, I think DD has a 50/50 chance here.

To be honest I do have mixed feelings about him. He's done some things and missteps too. I would like new folks in this organization. That's the only way to success is to have real change. No holdovers. No Brady, DD or Buck. A GM that can pick his choice of Manager. Do I think any of this will happen? Nope.

Just now, Tx Oriole said:

To be honest I do have mixed feelings about him. He's done some things and missteps too. I would like new folks in this organization. That's the only way to success is to have real change. No holdovers. No Brady, DD or Buck. A GM that can pick his choice of Manager. Do I think any of this will happen? Nope.

Yeah, I understand.  No GM is perfect.  Gotta take the good with the bad, DD did some good stuff, he did some bad stuff, too.  Overall, he's the one GM that had any extended amount of success under PGA.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Almost everyone qualified who does not have one of the other 29 managing jobs.

Plus a whole lot of guys who aren't very well qualified. That's the problem. Who will be deciding on the manager for the rebuild, and how good a choice will he make?

It wouldn't surprise me if, at the meeting between Buck and an ownership "representative" that Roch refers to, the Angelos guy asked Buck whether he'd like to come back and at what salary, and then told him that the team will get back to him when a decision has been made. Never decide today -- and never commit to spending money -- today if you can wait until tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I hate the Nats. But they should hire Showalter tomorrow. Perfect fit. 

I have had this thought too, but I think it is a year away.  Buck can use a recharge.  And Rizzo, who thinks he is so smart that the manager job is unimportant, has already endorsed Martinez Year 2 specifically.  My gut instinct is ownership won't force him to hop unless Martinez fails again next year.

At that point I expect the fanbase will clamor, and if it happens it'll kind of be Rizzo being dragged to the altar.

3 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Plus a whole lot of guys who aren't very well qualified. That's the problem. Who will be deciding on the manager for the rebuild, and how good a choice will he make?

It wouldn't surprise me if, at the meeting between Buck and an ownership "representative" that Roch refers to, the Angelos guy asked Buck whether he'd like to come back and at what salary, and then told him that the team will get back to him when a decision has been made. Never decide today -- and never commit to spending money -- today if you can wait until tomorrow.

Well if Buck comes back then I'm gone. That's the problem doing the same crap over and over again expecting a different result. 

After hearing the radio announcement daily (including yesterday) that the Kids Peace trick or trot October 27 was “hosted by Buck & Angela Showalter”, today the announcement made no such mention.   It is now presented by “Orioles Reach”.

Buck and Angela’s annual charity event for a worthy cause.   A donation or participation in their honor might be appropriate.  Thanks Buck!

Archived