The Buck Showalter Appreciation Thread

Moose Milligan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll miss Buck. A lot. 

He returned Orioles to playoff baseball and changed the clubhouse culture. 

He got respect and gave it. He made a few critical errors when it truly mattered, but I will never forget the 2012 playoff run at OPACY. 

God Bless you Mr. Showalter. Hope you have a great future in whatever you choose to do. 

MSK 

Best Manager of the Orioles in my lifetime, and  certainly maximized the talent on the roster 1-25 (or 1-40 as the case was).  Perfect manager for the roster he had. 

If the team caught a couple more breaks in 2014, who knows what could have been.

You helped bring us out of a dark time and brought professionalism and respect to a laughingstock franchise.  You helped guide us to 3 playoffs appearances, and if not for some bad breaks (key injuries to key players: Markakis (2012), Machado (2014), Wieters (2014), Davis (2014 suspension), and of course Bundy's massive injuries (imagine him on the 2014 team throwing in the high 90's) we might have taken home the ultimate prize.  Despite how things ended, I will always be grateful for what you helped accomplished here.  I wish you happiness in the next phase of your life.

Sincerely,

O's84 

Buck, you changed the attitude here.  From the Article in Men's Journal in 2011 where you ripped Theo and the Red Sox and Jeter and the Yankees.  You made the team and the fans believe the Orioles could win.  And you did.

Thank you and very best wishes to you.  And in appreciation for your work, please feel free to take this token of our appreciation.  His services are paid for and he is yours for the next 4 years to use as you see fit.

giphy.gif 

Archived