Give Sisco another Chance

Legend_Of_Joey

12 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Per the writers, Sisco has a laceration across his chin and is in the concussion protocol.

Which is strange to me, as they didn't put him in it earlier in the season when Pedro Alvarez gave him a WWE style elbow shimmy, which literally knocked Sisco out.

At the time that happened I was wondering what Pedro was doing on the roster...

• 2 months later...

Here are some facts:

1. He stunk last year in his first full(ish) MLB season.

2. The O's stunk last year.

3. The O's will stink this year.

4. The O's have no obvious good catcher.

5. The O's have Mike Elias and a soon-to-be-hired team of data-wizards.

6. We have stated, as fans, that we hope said team data-magics some effectiveness into guys like Bundy, Mancini, even Chris Davis!

7. We should give them the same opportunity to do that with Sisco.

8. It makes sense to let him work out issues in the bigs since we will a) be very bad anyway and b) already started his clock, and c) he has shown some interesting flashes at times. 

I blasted him pretty bad at times last year but I'm not ready to give up just yet. Non-tender Joseph, go with Sisco, Wynns, and maybe Cervenka later. Don't sign a veteran catcher. 

If I am Elias I would talking to Cobb, Bundy, Cashner and Givens about who calls a good game.  I am sure they have opinions.   Then make a decision on whether to tender Joseph.   Right now Joseph, Wynns,  Sisco and Susac are all on the 40 man roster.   Cervenka is going unprotected into the Rule 5 draft.   We will know a lot more about what is happening with the O's catching after the Rule 5 draft is completed.  Its premature to say where Sisco should start the season.

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If I am Elias I would talking to Cobb, Bundy, Cashner and Givens about who calls a good game.  I am sure they have opinions.   Then make a decision on whether to tender Joseph.   Right now Joseph, Wynns,  Sisco and Susac are all on the 40 man roster.   Cervenka is going unprotected into the Rule 5 draft.   We will know a lot more about what is happening with the O's catching after the Rule 5 draft is completed.  Its premature to say where Sisco should start the season.

Isn't framing more important than pitch calling?