2019 Spring Training Tracker

Tony-OH

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, after a couple weeks of ST and a solid week of games, any updated guesses on a W-L record?

I think Fangraphs had us at 63, base on I know not what, but I am squinting trying to see 70 wins.

Maybe Mike Wright has gotten some necessary guidance( “Hey! Video! Let’s give this a try!”) The Bullpen finds 7 worthwhile guys, including a couple #6 starters who combine for 20-25 good starts, helping to compensate for the rotation disasters 1-5? Maybe Mancini won’t sniff LF? Maybe Davis will be gone? Outfield defense outstanding, infield defense improving to at least neutral, and offense from enough guys?

70? Maybe? Help me out here...

18 minutes ago, Philip said:

So, after a couple weeks of ST and a solid week of games, any updated guesses on a W-L record?

I think Fangraphs had us at 63, base on I know not what, but I am squinting trying to see 70 wins.

Maybe Mike Wright has gotten some necessary guidance( “Hey! Video! Let’s give this a try!”) The Bullpen finds 7 worthwhile guys, including a couple #6 starters who combine for 20-25 good starts, helping to compensate for the rotation disasters 1-5? Maybe Mancini won’t sniff LF? Maybe Davis will be gone? Outfield defense outstanding, infield defense improving to at least neutral, and offense from enough guys?

70? Maybe? Help me out here...

I really just have no faith in Cashner and Bundy and of course Karns is a huge question mark. And that's before you even have to worry about who's going to start every 5th day. I do think they will play better defense this year but I still think they will be near last in runs scored in the AL. I'd say 60 is reasonable and that should be considered an accomplishment.

1 hour ago, LTO's said:

I really just have no faith in Cashner and Bundy and of course Karns is a huge question mark. And that's before you even have to worry about who's going to start every 5th day. I do think they will play better defense this year but I still think they will be near last in runs scored in the AL. I'd say 60 is reasonable and that should be considered an accomplishment.

I agree the rotation is the weak spot, but I think we will be able to score runs OK, I don’t know which teams will have which offense, I haven’t looked it up, but I think the rotation will be the problem. If we continue to show an improved Ability to work counts and draw walks, that will help a lot. Chris Davis has struck out almost half of his at bats, it will also help a lot if the team decides to cut bait with him. Then they can move Trumbo to DH and Mancini to first.

57 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Givens hasn't looked too good. He is struggling along tonight agains the Yankees (mainly the back ups.)

He struggled earlier this Spring too, leading to a high ERA and just general struggling.

It’s now late enough in spring training to start getting worried about Givens.    He’s been awful.  

Archived