Dylan Bundy 2019

Frobby

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

If anyone is to blame for the 7 run first inning it's Bundy for NOT TELLING anyone his knee was hitting a bit in warmups.  If Hyde had known that maybr he would have gotten someone up after 2 runs scored.

Or, maybe not started him at all. Poor decision by Bundy that affects the team. Sick to death of guys deciding “it’s not that bad, I can just play through it.” Maybe, but you’re a cog in a wheel.

Let the manager make that decision. Then, if he starts him it’s his choice and he lives with the circumstances.

3 minutes ago, Curse of the Bamdino said:

Nice to see Dylan grind it out last night. I was concerned that he wouldn’t get past that 2nd inning, but he righted the ship and then some.

I don’t recall an outing (certainly not a recent one) where he so frequently utilized his offspeed repertoire. Maybe that becomes a “thing” now.

@Cumberbundy or @OFFNY will supply the stats if you'll wait a bit.

I was fuming in the second inning when Bundy walked a bunch of guys and then couldn’t throw a decent 2-strike pitch to the opposing pitcher, who lined a 2-run single.    At that point, I thought this start was headed for disaster. But Bundy got it together and pitched well after that.   

o

15 OUTS:) 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Flyouts, 3 Strikeouts, 2 Lineouts

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY ))))))) (vs. ANGELS, 7/28)

IP:ll5 - PLUS

H:llll 7 )(2 Home Runs, 1 Double, 4 Singles)

R:lllll 4

BB:ll2

SO:ll3

Pitches: ll)97 )(62)Strikes, )35)Balls)

2019 ERA: ))5.24  ))  103.00 IP  (60 ER) 

2019 WHIP: ))1.379  ))  103.00 IP  (142 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: ).260 ) (105 for 404)

PITCHES BY INNING

12 ll(10 llStrikes, llll21 lllBalls)

20 ll(13 llStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

17 ll(12 llStrikes, llll51 lllBalls)

23 lll(12 lllStrikes, ll11 llllBalls)

18 llll(12 lllStrikes, lll61 lllBalls)

71 llll(31 lllStrikes,llll 41  lBalls) ) *

* )) Bundy did not record any outs before departing in the 6th inning.

o

When guys are struggling with their location Dempsey always says the catcher should set up where you don't want them to throw it because it will go somewhere else, Example put the glove over the center of the plate and he'll probably put it on the corner. Sounds risky but he says he has seen it help pitchers.

o

Very good Strikeouts-to-Walks ratio (7 to 1.)

75% of the outs that Bundy recorded (12 out of 16) came via the Groundout and the Strikeout.

16 OUTS:) 7 Strikeouts, 4 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Lineouts, 1 Popout, 1 Flyout

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY ))))))) (vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/03)

IP:ll5.33

H:lllll5 )(1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:lllll 2

BB:ll1

SO:ll7

Pitches: ll)97 )(65)Strikes, )32)Balls)

2019 ERA: ))5.15  ))  108.33 IP  (62 ER) 

2019 WHIP: ))1.366  ))  108.33 IP  (148 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: ).260 ) (110 for 423)

PITCHES BY INNING

24 ll(15 lllStrikes, lllllllBalls)

13 ll(91 lllStrikes, lllllllBalls)

18 ll(13 llStrikes, lllllllBalls)

18 llll(12 lllStrikes, llllllBalls)

14 llll(91 lllStrikes, llllllBalls)

10 llll(71 lStrikes,llll 3  lBalls) ) *

* )) Bundy recorded 1 out before departing in the 6th inning.

o