DJ Stewart 2019

Frobby

I would probably go ahead and call up Stewart and DFA Alberto. Would have rather kept DrewJackson over Alberto anyway. Rickard can play center and Wilkerson can be the utility. 

As for trading Mancini, people think we can rebuild the system just by trading people like Trumbo. You have to give up value to get it back. And his .300 BA right now is useless value on this team. He’s an all bat and his bat is pretty questionable for someone who is all bat. Not someone you build around. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Matt Bennett said:

I would probably go ahead and call up Stewart and DFA Alberto. Would have rather kept DrewJackson over Alberto anyway. Rickard can play center and Wilkerson can be the utility. 

As for trading Mancini, people think we can rebuild the system just by trading people like Trumbo. You have to give up value to get it back. And his .300 BA right now is useless value on this team. He’s an all bat and his bat is pretty questionable for someone who is all bat. Not someone you build around. 

Might be Nunez pretty soon, honestly. Would help Mancini get more time at DH.

Upside is probably a .350 OBP and 20-25 home runs. Hits both lefties and righties. Average in LF probably a little below in right. I think he can be a decent regular. Similar upside as a DSJ. 

Alberto should be DFA, I agree. I’m not ready to cut ties with Nunez. 

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

Stewart went 3 for 4 with a homer and 3 RBI tonight, raising his OPS to .985 and his BA to .293.    The kid is making his case!

He wasn't hitting right-handed pitching very well.  But is the last week he has improve that.   If he keeps improving vs righties he should be promoted.

Stewart went 3 for 4 tonight and he’s right on the cusp of a .300 BA (.299) and a 1.000 OPS (.991).   

Elias gave him some nice praise today but acknowledged that with Mancini and Smith both hitting well, there’s no room for Stewart at the moment.   He certainly left the impression that he considers Stewart to be essentially ready.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Stewart went 3 for 4 tonight and he’s right on the cusp of a .300 BA (.299) and a 1.000 OPS (.991).   

Elias gave him some nice praise today but acknowledged that with Mancini and Smith both hitting well, there’s no room for Stewart at the moment.   He certainly left the impression that he considers Stewart to be essentially ready.   

Shame Mancini can't dh or play first.

OK so let's ask the unspoken question that Elias will never openly admit to.

Stewart started his ML clock last September (9/11/18 to be specific), playing in 17 games.

Taking that into account, how much longer does he need to stay down in Norfolk for us to get the extra year?     It shouldn't be much longer right?

32 minutes ago, Aglets said:

OK so let's ask the unspoken question that Elias will never openly admit to.

Stewart started his ML clock last September (9/11/18 to be specific), playing in 17 games.

Taking that into account, how much longer does he need to stay down in Norfolk for us to get the extra year?     It shouldn't be much longer right?

That date passed already.   

On 5/15/2019 at 5:48 PM, Can_of_corn said:

If he's hitting like that and not called up by the all star break they should do him a solid and trade him to a team that will give him a shot.

That's not how professional baseball works.

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

OK, so maybe he's actually being honest...................darn.   ;)     heh

I think they want to give Smith Jr. and Nunez a long look this year (at leasy half a season). If they are struggling of found to be wanting, I think Stewart gets the second half of the year as his shot.