Dean Kremer 2019

Frobby

Considering that Kremer had 8 starts at AA last year and 8 this year,  is he ready for a promotion to AAA?   He will need to be protected from the Rule 5 draft this off season.  It would probably be good for have him to get some AAA experience this season IMO.  He seems to have regained is productive now since the injury.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Considering that Kremer had 8 starts at AA last year and 8 this year,  is he ready for a promotion to AAA?   He will need to be protected from the Rule 5 draft this off season.  It would probably be good for have him to get some AAA experience this season IMO.  He seems to have regained is productive now since the injury.

Kremer will certainly be protected on the 40-man this offseason but I'm not sure that will affect his promotion. Kremer needs more consistency with his curveball and his change and slider needs to improve. I wouldn't mind seeing him pitch the last month of the season in AAA, but there's no hurry in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Kremer will certainly be protected on the 40-man this offseason but I'm not sure that will affect his promotion. Kremer needs more consistency with his curveball and his change and slider needs to improve. I wouldn't mind seeing him pitch the last month of the season in AAA, but there's no hurry in my opinion. 

As a pitching coach what do you think of Kennie Steenstra vs Mike Griffin?

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

As a pitching coach what do you think of Kennie Steenstra vs Mike Griffin?

I can't really rate them honestly. I haven't spoken to Griffin in years, but he's always been though of well. Steenstra is a doing a great job at Bowie.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Kremer with 6 shutout innings today, 4 hits, 3 walks, 6 strikeouts. Presumably he’s done after throwing 98 pitches, 59 for strikes.   ERA to 3.04.     

2.69 ERA over 21 AA starts (20 with Bowie, 1 with Tulsa) between this season and last season.

• Upvote 1