Chris Davis since he broke his 0-fer streak

Tony-OH

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

What about when Smith and Stewart are healthy? I get what you are saying but at this point why not see what those guys along with Santander can do before the others you mentioned come up?

We know Smith will stay, Nunez as well. Would just much rather see Santander/Stewart play instead of Davis. It’s getting harder and harder to stomach. 

There are some real options now and I don't care if this team is built to lose. This team can get the number one pick in 2020 without Davis. I can't think of one positive reason to keep him on the team. Albert Pujols gets ragged for his lack of production, but Davis would be about twice as good a player if he matched Pujols production. It's that bad. 

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davis has to know that he's going to force the O's hand. The only question is who breaks first. There's no way the O's have him on the team next year. All he has to do is hang on and all of the millions will flow.

I'm told patience is a good thing. I think we have to just let this train wreck play out. From the Orioles perspective, they need to put him in the lineup everyday. He needs to play even worse. Only then will he think about retirement /buyout. Believe it or not, it needs to get worse. 

Just now, jtschrei said:

I'm told patience is a good thing. I think we have to just let this train wreck play out. From the Orioles perspective, they need to put him in the lineup everyday. He needs to play even worse. Only then will he think about retirement /buyout. Believe it or not, it needs to get worse. 

That's they only chance they have to save a dime. 

The real value of Davis is he helps us get a #1 pick. If you think of it that way, he's pretty damn helpful. Let him play. Maybe he breaks first. If not, at least the suck pays off in next year's draft. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Maybe the Orioles should just bench him and play with a 24-man roster basically. Perhaps the total embarrassment of not playing on the worse team in baseball would be motivation for him to retire. 

Saying that, I doubt there is anyone in the organization that doesn't think he through. The question is, how do you get him to do the right thing and retire and try and save some money? Probably not going to happen so they're better off just cutting him sooner than later. 

I'd rather see Mancini become the full-time 1B where he belongs and let Nunez and Sisco get some DH at bats. 

Obviously this team is going to be bad with or without him, but why drags the fans through even more frustrations of watching the most over paid mistake in baseball history continue to take at bats?

I say play Mancini in the OF and hope some offensive starved contender views him that way and trades for him.  Davis should not be stealing ABs from Nunez or Sisco.  I'm just hoping for a Mancini trade.  

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I say play Mancini in the OF and hope some offensive starved contender views him that way and trades for him.  Davis should not be stealing ABs from Nunez or Sisco.  I'm just hoping for a Mancini trade.  

Always possible a contender needs a 1B. I think teams know what kind of an OF he is. 

49 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

What about when Smith and Stewart are healthy? I get what you are saying but at this point why not see what those guys along with Santander can do before the others you mentioned come up?

We know Smith will stay, Nunez as well. Would just much rather see Santander/Stewart play instead of Davis. It’s getting harder and harder to stomach. 

I agree with this, though I feel more strongly about Stewart getting his shot now than I do about Santander (even though Santander has better numbers in his 43 major league PA this year than Stewart has in his 25 PA).     

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If the return is right, then I would not have an issue with a Mancini trade, but man that would be painful. Mancini is one of the guys you really can root for. He's a smart player, great in the clubhouse and in the community, a professional hitter and probably my favorite player to watch right now.

I don't typically get too caught up in fan stuff with players, but Mancini is one of the guys I really root for.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Maybe the Orioles should just bench him and play with a 24-man roster basically. Perhaps the total embarrassment of not playing on the worse team in baseball would be motivation for him to retire. 

Saying that, I doubt there is anyone in the organization that doesn't think he through. The question is, how do you get him to do the right thing and retire and try and save some money? Probably not going to happen so they're better off just cutting him sooner than later. 

I'd rather see Mancini become the full-time 1B where he belongs and let Nunez and Sisco get some DH at bats. 

Obviously this team is going to be bad with or without him, but why drags the fans through even more frustrations of watching the most over paid mistake in baseball history continue to take at bats?

Anyone who hires Boras to get him signed to a 7 year deal is all about money. No way he retires early. 

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The question is, how do you get him to do the right thing and retire and try and save some money? Probably not going to happen so they're better off just cutting him sooner than later. 

I said this last year and got quoted a lot about the MLBPA. 

Maybe not retire, but a negotiated settlement to get him out with some dignity in place.

7 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I said this last year and got quoted a lot about the MLBPA. 

Maybe not retire, but a negotiated settlement to get him out with some dignity in place.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if he actually did soemthing that and would have a ton of respect for him, but my respect is probably not worth $70 million! :D

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, I'd be surprised if he actually did soemthing that and would have a ton of respect for him, but my respect is probably not worth $70 million! :D

Davis could use some self respect. So, maybe about half the $70 mil?

”Get your million dollar self respect, here! Million dollar respect! Just like that of the Orioles feared former slugger, Chris Davis.”

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

If the return is right, then I would not have an issue with a Mancini trade, but man that would be painful. Mancini is one of the guys you really can root for. He's a smart player, great in the clubhouse and in the community, a professional hitter and probably my favorite player to watch right now.

I don't typically get too caught up in fan stuff with players, but Mancini is one of the guys I really root for.

Of course we all do.  Even going back to his Pinch hit homer off Price.  We're just in a situation where we're not going to be good until 2022.  I'm hoping that a team that really trying to upgrade their offense views him as a COF for 1.5 seasons.  Then again, you look around at teams that are contending and it's hard to find a spot for him right now.  Even if you search COF/1B/DH.  Lot's of guys are putting up big numbers this year.  

3 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Davis loses another game with his (lack of ) defense  as he can't corral a not that bad throw from Severino to complete a double play.

Is he the worst baseball player of all time?

I think he's got a real shot at worst ever over a two year period.

Archived