Cadyn Grenier, 2019

Moose Milligan

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Experience. Hall was a High School draft pick who lost his first year due to injury.

Greinier was in his second full season at Delmarva and was a college pick.

Yea, I'm pretty much grouping that with age in my mind.

I meant more prospect status, game, likelihood of successfully adjusting to the next level that sort of thing.

If Grenier just gets pushed along for no good reason Moose is going to claim it's because of draft status.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I meant more prospect status, game, likelihood of successfully adjusting to the next level that sort of thing.

If Grenier just gets pushed along for no good reason Moose is going to claim it's because of draft status.

It could be more similar to Sedlock being promoted. Was repeating a level this season, didn't flop, so let's challenge them a bit.

Maybe they do feel, with the stuff I mentioned, he will have better success/luck adjusting to the next level.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Maybe they want to keep the better player in Delmarva for the title run.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it’s entirely age.   Hall’s the better prospect by far.    But I see no reason to hurry Hall along.   It’s not like he’s dominating low A, and he’s young for the league, so let him have a steady, successful year, taste some playoff baseball  and then move up next season.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

I think it’s entirely age.   Hall’s the better prospect by far.    But I see no reason to hurry Hall along.   It’s not like he’s dominating low A, and he’s young for the league, so let him have a steady, successful year, taste some playoff baseball  and then move up next season.   

I'm more questioning promoting Grenier than not promoting Hall.  How often do you see two position players playing the same position at the same level and the one that is not performing as well gets promoted?

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm more questioning promoting Grenier than not promoting Hall.  How often do you see two position players playing the same position at the same level and the one that is not performing as well gets promoted?

I think it might be giving time to Hall at SS. They've been mainly playing him at 2B, might want to test him at SS and see how he plays there

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Different regime of course, but Stewart was also promoted from Delmarva to Frederick at age 22 for seemingly no good reason, and it seemed to wake him up. Maybe that’s a thing that’s done sometimes. Like, if you’re gonna amount to anything it’s about time you start moving up, so let’s see what you can do, if you fail you fail. 

Like Frobby said, I’m fine with Hall just getting more regular time at SS and keeping up the success for now. I don’t mind promoting aggressively but he will need time to grow into some power anyway. 

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Other than age, what reasons would exist to promote Grenier over Hall?

Adley wants to rent his condo for the playoffs and Elias wanted to end the Grenier/Rutschman Delmarva reunion narrative?  ⚾

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Roch with his fingers on the pulse of the news, coming in a solid 25 and a half hours late.

FWIW, the official announcement from Frederick did not come until yesterday at 6:12 pm.  I assume that's when he was officially placed on the roster.

Jack Keffer <JKeffer@frederickkeys.com>

AttachmentsWed, Jul 17, 6:12 PM (13 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

Good Evening, 

The Baltimore Orioles have announced the following roster transactions affecting the Frederick Keys:

RHP Cody Sedlock promoted to Double-A Bowie
INF Ryan Ripken promoted to Double-A Bowie
RHP Nate Karns transferred on MLB rehab assignment to Double-A Bowie
INF Cadyn Grenier received from Low-A Delmarva
OF Cole Billingsley received from Double-A Bowie
C Brett Cumberland received from Double-A Bowie
LHP Cameron Ming reinstated from 7-day injured list
OF Will Robertson reinstated from 7-day injured list and transferred to Low-A Delmarva
INF Yeltsin Gudino outright (trade) to Dunedin (Toronto)
C Jean Carrillo placed on 7-day injured list

Grenier wears #15, Billingsley #6, Cumberland #27 and Ming #48.

With all corresponding moves, the Keys roster is at 25 men. 
  • Thanks 2