Orioles call up D.J. Stewart

MurphDogg

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's right, he has changed it up.

I don't make wild proclamations about players I've never seen in the draft and how they'll fare in the majors.  Don't know who Barker and Belicek are.

DJ Stewart has the 8th most WAR of anyone drafted in the first round his draft year.  Lets hope he can move on up the list. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

DJ Stewart has the 8th most WAR of anyone drafted in the first round his draft year.  Lets hope he can move on up the list. 

The Orioles currently have four players taken in the 1st Round of the 2015 Draft: Dillon Tate, Richie Martin, DJ Stewart, and Ryan Mountcastle. Overall, a pretty deep 1st Round in general - lots of talent throughout that is just starting to make it to the big league level.

1 minute ago, El_Duderino said:

I know he doesn’t have a lot of believers on this board but the potential on base skills this guy has displayed at every stop should have folks drooling imo. 

I think some folks have come around on him.

It's remarkable how some folks took hold of a scouting report when he was drafted and never let go.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think some folks have come around on him.

It's remarkable how some folks took hold of a scouting report when he was drafted and never let go.

Conversely I probably extend high end prospects too much benefit of the doubt. I still think Mountcastle has potential at 3rd and Sisco will and should be the number 1 catcher for a few years. 

6 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

He is a DH, like Mancini, and Smith Jr, and Nunez, and Mountcastle, and Sisco, and Trumbo if he ever plays again.

I'm still waiting on my dream of three plus defenders in the OF (be nice if we could at least have league average).

Sure hope the system under Elias starts turning out guys that can play a position well.

No he isn't.