Orioles call up D.J. Stewart

MurphDogg

47 minutes ago, interloper said:

Loved his ABs last night. 

Sisco has cooled off a bit over his last 10. I want to see him reignite before I entertain a call up. He's been ridiculously streaky in the minors. I don't know who the real Sisco is. We know who the real Stewart is because he's consistently had an OBP of at least 90 points above his average at every stop of the minor leagues. 

I don’t think of Sisco as a particularly streaky player.    Of course, all players have streaks to some degree or other.    Sisco is no different.  

I’m perfectly content to leave Sisco in Norfolk for now, get him at bats just about every day, and monitor Severino and Wynns.    Wynns has a .538 OPS right now and the team has won just 2 of the 11 games he’s started.    If he’s still posting a .538 OPS a month from now and the team is losing when he starts, and Sisco is still posting an .850 OPS, at that point I’d probably change it up.     

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

DJ Stewart, 0-4 last night.  Send him down.

It is very disconcerting that his career OPS fell 74 points last night.  If this trend continues the rest of the year he'll finish 2019 OPSing -6.922.  That would be some kind of record for futility, which is typical for the Orioles.  Thanks, Elias.

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

It is very disconcerting that his career OPS fell 74 points last night.  If this trend continues the rest of the year he'll finish 2019 OPSing -6.922.  That would be some kind of record for futility, which is typical for the Orioles.  Thanks, Elias.

Maybe we should all become Red Sox fans ?

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

Maybe we should all become Red Sox fans ?

I live in CT.  You dont want associate with any sort of Boston fan, they are about as bad as it gets.  They have the "woe is us" syndrome down somehow coupled with the petulent expectation that they should get 2-3 major sports titles a year.

The cognitive dissonance is so bad it makes you rage.

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I live in CT.  You dont want associate with any sort of Boston fan, they are about as bad as it gets.  They have the "woe is us" syndrome down somehow coupled with the petulent expectation that they should get 2-3 major sports titles a year.

The cognitive dissonance is so bad it makes you rage.

I am being facetious.  I trust that Drungo got the reference to another poster on here who shall remain nameless who postulated jumping onto a new bandwagon.

2 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

They have the "woe is us" syndrome down somehow coupled with the petulent expectation that they should get 2-3 major sports titles a year.

I sort of get that feeling with Ravens fans. Inferiority complex and completely off the wagon if they aren’t a playoff team.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:58 PM, Frobby said:

I don’t think of Sisco as a particularly streaky player.    Of course, all players have streaks to some degree or other.    Sisco is no different.  

I’m perfectly content to leave Sisco in Norfolk for now, get him at bats just about every day, and monitor Severino and Wynns.    Wynns has a .538 OPS right now and the team has won just 2 of the 11 games he’s started.    If he’s still posting a .538 OPS a month from now and the team is losing when he starts, and Sisco is still posting an .850 OPS, at that point I’d probably change it up.     

Sisco has certainly had some cold streaks in his MLB stints. Maybe they don't count as streaks if he never gets hot.

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

Has anyone else been impressed with DJ’s d so far? Not a gold glover, but the arm appears better than advertised and he looks like he covers some ground out there.

He had a highlight catch on one that was straight back over his head. Was probably a 6/10 difficulty but easily a double for Mancini or Trumbo. Also a sliding catch after overrunning a ball in foul territory.

21 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Has anyone else been impressed with DJ’s d so far? Not a gold glover, but the arm appears better than advertised and he looks like he covers some ground out there.

I was at his debut on Tuesday.    The throw he made from the wall in the RCF gap to 2B was impressive, better than I thought he was capable of.    

54 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

He looked good last year.  When you first look at him he looks like he would be slow but he actually has decent speed.

Archived