Orioles call up D.J. Stewart

MurphDogg

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Today?--and it cost the Os a run?

Yup.   But it’s okay, they gave up 4 more runs after that so as to not make him feel bad.  It’s a very generous team.

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Send him back down when Davis comes back Tuesday?

I think that’s a knee-jerk reaction if they do. Probably not the best to make assessments on such SSS.

He earned a shot the way he played at Norfolk. A real shot.

35 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I think that’s a knee-jerk reaction if they do. Probably not the best to make assessments on such SSS.

He earned a shot the way he played at Norfolk. A real shot.

Stewart is staying when Davis is activated on Tuesday and Sisco is coming up.

I've been a Stewart fan since I watched him at Frederick... and I think he looks really bad right now.  He was so hot in Norfolk there was likely a cool stretch coming and we seemed to have called him up for it.

The good news was in Stewarts attempt to throw out a runner at third base he only missed third base by 30 feet, the bad news was he missed the cutoff man by 60 feet.

What happened to him being a good judge of the strikezone. He must have swung at at least half a dozen pitches way out of the strikezone in todays game alone.

57 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

The good news was in Stewarts attempt to throw out a runner at third base he only missed third base by 30 feet, the bad news was he missed the cutoff man by 60 feet.

What happened to him being a good judge of the strikezone. He must have swung at at least half a dozen pitches way out of the strikezone in todays game alone.

Out the window.  He's decided to completely change his approach now that he's in the big leagues. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or he's pressing a bit.

I find it hard to believe he's made the decision to change his approach at this point.

I was being facetious.  Of course he didn't decide to completely change his approach.  He had a bad game. 

Archived