David Hess optioned (recalled)

Legend_Of_Joey

Maybe Davis to the pen?? :) Seriously, I'm wondering about the pitch selection.  Givens ended the inning by blowing fastballs past guys. The game tying homer came on the third straight offspeed pitch.   I can hear Palmer's voice in my head saying "why speed up the bat?". I know the catchers suggest the pitches, the pitcher decides, and the bench calls pickoffs. Catcher and pitcher need to go with pitcher's strength, which in Givens case is fastball. 

5 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

I’m still kinda bothered they didn’t let him finish the game in Toronto. ?‍♂️

I wish Hyde had let him go a bit longer. At the time I was happy that Hyde had a short leash, but it’s gotten a lot longer since then.

I like Hess, and I hope when he returns, he has found a workable solution to his troubles.

Either they are making a 40 man roster move or someone from AA is coming up. All the AAA arms on the 40 have not been down long enough or pitched today like Shepard and Scott.  

The AA arms are Tate and Harvey.

I bet they make a 40 man move. 

17 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Either they are making a 40 man roster move or someone from AA is coming up. All the AAA arms on the 40 have not been down long enough or pitched today like Shepard and Scott.  

The AA arms are Tate and Harvey.

I bet they make a 40 man move. 

I.e., nothing in AA at this point.

• Upvote 1