I still don't understand why we haven't seen Mason Williams

interloper

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He never got an extended everyday opportunity above AAA because he OPS'd .725 in over 1200 AAA PAs.  You don't usually get promoted until you've done well at the preceding level.

It would be a disgrace if they put an inferior player on the field.

39 minutes ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

Some have mentioned Hays coming up. While I think We’d all love to see Hays play I do have a question.... 

If this season is a waste why would they bring up Hays and use up more of his service time? Doesn’t it make sense to just let him finish the season in AAA? 

Hays already has 34 days of service time. He would have to stay down into next June for service time to be a factor. I would be surprised if they go into next season without him penciled into a starting spot,  but I guess it is possible.

6 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

What reasoning are you using to come to that conclusion?  He didn't in AAA, by 82 points of OPS.  He didn't in AA by 168 points.  He didn't in high A by 44 points.  Why would he in the majors?

Because Broxton has fallen apart.    

18 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Why isn't it just a slump? 

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Because Broxton has fallen apart.    

He fell apart a few years back. From September 1 2017 to end of that year,he had 0 homers. 0 RBI's and 1 double in 41 AB's. Batted .179 last year. This year .176. Has 363 K's in 344 games and 849 AB's. 43% K rate.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He got pulled after one AB tonight. Anyone know why? OH jinx?

Ejected.

Slid into home and hit Sawyer's leg instead of the plate and just stood there while the umpire waited for either a tag from Sawyer or Williams to touch the plate. Swayer reacted first and William's had a few words for the umpire, including one that led to the ejection.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...