Chris Davis, 2019

OFFNY

18 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He had a .709 OPS in July. His first .700+ OPS month since August of 2017. Two whole seasons. 

Despite striking out in 45% of his plate appearances for the month.   .360 BABIP for the month.   But, we’ll take it!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Despite striking out in 45% of his plate appearances for the month.   .360 BABIP for the month.   But, we’ll take it!

It’s all about that contact to damage ratio. Seriously though, why doesn’t the guy just go up there super aggressive?  Get your hacks in. 

18 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

I think there may be a pattern there. I'll try to apply some complex modeling techniques to see whether I can discern one, and will report back if I do come up with anything. 

:rolleyes: 

I've looked at the Chris Davis data. I'll spare you the spreadsheets, regression analyses and graphs.

I reached two conclusions: Davis is hitting fewer HRs than he used to, and he's getting fewer ABs. The obvious solution is to play him every day and bat him near the top of the order. That way he'll get more ABs and hit more HRs, though it's probably too late for him to get more than 30 or so this year.

Problem solved.  :disco:

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s all about that contact to damage ratio. Seriously though, why doesnt the guy just go up there super aggressive ???  Get your hacks in. 

o

Get yer ya ya's out.

Image result for get yer ya yas out

o

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

I've looked at the Chris Davis data. I'll spare you the spreadsheets, regression analyses and graphs.

I reached two conclusions: Davis is hitting fewer HRs than he used to, and he's getting fewer ABs. The obvious solution is to play him every day and bat him near the top of the order. That way he'll get more ABs and hit more HRs, though it's probably too late for him to get more than 30 or so this year.

Problem solved.  :disco:

Could he play 1B and DH? That would give him two spots in the lineup and he could catch up!

Is Davis having better ABs recently or are pitchers just walking him instead of throwing strikes and watching him take strike three?  

He’s ran into a couple homers, but he’s had a string of walks recently. 

.846 OPS over his last 7 games. 2 HR, 4 total hits, 5BB/9K. Before this he was 0-15 with 13k. 

o

(vs. YANKEES, 8/07)

After Davis failed to scoop a ball on defense in the top of the 5th inning, there was an altercation between he and manager Brandon Hyde in the dugout.

Davis was pulled form the game, and there will undoubtedly be more on this story in the near future.

o

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. YANKEES, 8/07)

After Davis failed to scoop a ball on defense in the top of the 5th inning, there was an altercation between he and manager Brandon Hyde in the dugout.

Davis was pulled form the game, and there will undoubtedly be more on this story in the near future.

o

The failed scoop catch on Villar’s bad throw cannot be the proximate cause of this dust up. Davis makes that catch more often than not, and has bailed out his fellow infielders a hundred times over the years when they’ve yacked a throw to first. But no manager can expect the first baseman to make that play and blame him if he doesn’t. 

There has to be more to this than meets the eye. 

• Upvote 1