vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/24

OFFNY

23 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Boston up 8-5 after 3.   Eduardo Rodriguez has given up 5 runs in 3 innings, throwing 68 pitches.   He's got to go 2 more innings to qualify for the W, which would be his 19th if he could get it.

If he does get #19 tonight, he would be going for #20 vs the Orioles Sunday on the last day of the seaosn.

I saw he was close to 20 wins a few weeks ago.   I am probably one of the few that is still OK with that trade. It allowed me (maybe/probably because of Andrew?) to see the only Orioles ALCS game live in my lifetime.   

Edit:  as an aside, I bought the one and only ticket that I’ve ever had to an ALCS game from a OH hangouter the day of the game.   Asking my wife the whole time, should I do it should I do it?   In the end when she persisted that she didn’t want to hear me complain about it later that I didn’t.   She was actually paying for the ticket as I was racing down to the park in time for the game.  This is a great site and I’m a lucky man.  

4 minutes ago, murph said:

I saw he was close to 20 wins a few weeks ago.   I am probably one of the few that is still OK with that trade. It allowed me (maybe/probably because of Andrew?) to see the only Orioles ALCS game live in my lifetime.   

The 2014 Orioles had a legit chance of being a World Series team and to me that is enough to justify the trade. Miller turned the Orioles bullpen from very good to elite.

What was not ok was the Gerardo Parra for Zach Davies trade in 2015. 

• Upvote 3