Means 4.4

Hart 1.8

Brault 0.8

Harvey 0.3

Crichton 0.2

Yacabonis 0.1

All during the Duquette/Rajsich era.   

What about the guys we traded?

I see Hader, but I bet Davies accounts for a large share of that by himself.

meanwhile, how much pitching WAR did we trade for? And how much did that cost? We traded for Hunter( but in 2011) Norris, Feldman, Bleier, Castro and a few others, but I’m unsure how much other pitching we acquired by trade.

most of our big-ticket pitching was Free Agent or international.

17 minutes ago, Philip said:

What about the guys we traded?

I see Hader, but I bet Davies accounts for a large share of that by himself.

meanwhile, how much pitching WAR did we trade for? And how much did that cost? We traded for Hunter( but in 2011) Norris, Feldman, Bleier, Castro and a few others, but I’m unsure how much other pitching we acquired by trade.

most of our big-ticket pitching was Free Agent or international.

Davies was drafted in 2011. 

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I have been saying people criticizing drafting during the DD era are off base.  Getting Hays and Mancini were good picks too.  Guys picked 3rd or later. 

Has he had a lot of criticism of his drafting?    I don’t think he’s had much.    

Anyway, calculating in 2019 the teams that have drafted the most pitching WAR since 2012 is a pretty worthless exercise.   One team picks a college pitcher, another team picks a high school pitcher — all things being equal, which one is more likely to have the higher WAR  in 2019?    But it’s got little to do with which pitcher will be better in the long run.

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

Has he had a lot of criticism of his drafting?    I don’t think he’s had much.    

Anyway, calculating in 2019 the teams that have drafted the most pitching WAR since 2012 is a pretty worthless exercise.   One team picks a college pitcher, another team picks a high school pitcher — all things being equal, which one is more likely to have the higher WAR  in 2019?    But it’s got little to do with which pitcher will be better in the long run.

My immediate thought on reading the title was how many 2012 draftees are even established in the majors right now?  Hunter Harvey has six major league innings and he was drafted in '13.  

I think this is a comprehensive list of all 10+ WAR pitchers drafted since 2012: Nola, Strohman, Wood, Gray, Freeman, Gausman.  Gausman is in a virtual tie for 3rd place as most productive pitcher drafted in the last seven years.