Whither Buck ?

Redskins Rick

Im totally shocked, I figured the way he talked about his future whenever the Orioles job was finished, sounded like it would not be in a manager role.

In regards to the position, Showalter told Steve Somers of WFAN: “Yeah, I’d like to be talked about it, but I’m not going to campaign about it, and I’m real uncomfortable even talking about it with you now because there’s a lot of good people out there and they’re going to make a good decision. They’ll have reasons why and why not, and, you know, I respect that.”

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/buck-showalter-interested-in-managing-mets.html

21 minutes ago, Philip said:

He’s welcome to it, and they are welcome to him.

While I think he's a bit overrated I think he's a solid choice if a team wants an old school presence.

Mets have that former agent as a GM, maybe Buck thinks he can maneuver himself into personnel decisions?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

While I think he's a bit overrated I think he's a solid choice if a team wants an old school presence.

Mets have that former agent as a GM, maybe Buck thinks he can maneuver himself into personnel decisions?

Any chance Buck would trade for Davis if he joins the Mets? Cobb could be a possibility if he can stay healthy. 

• Haha 1

Just now, NJOriolesFan said:

Only way Mets take Davis is if we take cespedes and cano, throw in some money and a prospect.  And even at that I don’t think they want to put Alonso in the outfield.

If a team were to trade Davis for other bad contracts I imagine they would cut him as fast as the Braves cut Matusz.

5 minutes ago, Papeete said:

Just rotating the same old mediocre managers in baseball!

Not really.    The following managers have less than 5 years experience:

Boone 2 years

Baldelli 1 year

Bell 1 year

Callaway 2 years (fired)

Cora 2 years

Counsell < 5 years

Green 4 years

Hyde 1 year

Kapler 2 years

Lovullo 3 years

Martinez 2 years