Chris Davis, 2020

Frobby

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Whatever.  Happy that the guys that are most likely going to be considered for the future winning teams are in camp.  Davis in camp or out of camp doesn't make a bit of difference to me.  

Betcha the guy who might have a chance at the 26th spot on the roster cares if he is.

• Upvote 1

In his final 2019 game, Davis went 1 for 3 with two walks, grounding out and K-looking in the last two at-bats. So breaking his own major-league record for consecutive hitless at-bats (54) will be a much bigger challenge this year. Adding to the difficulty is the likelihood that his starts will be further apart this year. Maybe he can adjust by setting himself more attainable goals, such as number of consecutive K's-looking

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2020 at 9:00 AM, atomic said:

Yeah this isn’t a surprise. Like I have said before , he takes pitches right down the middle and swings at balls in the dirt.  So I don’t think there is any hope for him.  Well unless the Orioles start stealing pitch type.

He probably has tinnitus. 

You would think that Davis would try to do things that would not put him in the spotlight, like showing up on time or even early. I never really cared for the guy, even before his contract. That said, it is not his fault that he was offered that contract. That fault lies ultimately with Angelos and whoever encouraged it...perhaps Showalter, AJ, or Angelos himself. I do have a bit of sympathy for Davis. It can't be easy knowing he's heading into a half year plus of being in a place where he is not wanted, booed and under a microscope. Yes, $20 million plus helps, but he's already gotten about $100 mill...so, does he need the extra to live on and improve his lifestyle? Can he walk away from it?? Sure and then he will get all sort of crap from the Players Union, his agent and maybe others. Here is a man, that for a short period of time could hit monster HR's, was rewarded handsomely. He won't be remembered for that, instead it will be the bad contract and his diminished skills. Kind of sad.