Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Nice to see Myers finally make it. It was a long road with some bumps and bruises, but its good to see a guy I liked back when he was 18 in Aberdeen finally fulfill his promise.

He finally proved you were right - never should have traded him for Beckham!  😎

I'm officially beating the drum for Cesar Prieto.

He's 25 and has a .296/.339/.480/.819 line in AAA. I feel like he's more than deserving of a look for St. Louis. They have a 1st round pick (19th) Nolan Gorman playing there, I guess, but he's got a .665 OPS in 267 ABs. 

Call up Prieto! :)

Edited by interloper

The Brewers' starter last night was lefty Rob Zastryzny.   I guess an opener, he went one inning.   He was in camp one year with the O's but didn't ever pitch for us, major or minors.   He's 32 years old and his inning last night means he has pitched in the majors 7 out of the last 9 years... for a grand total of 60.1 MLB innings.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

He finally proved you were right - never should have traded him for Beckham!  😎

Yeah, I was not happy that he was the arm they sent, but Tampa knew what they were doing when they cherry picked him out of the options that they were probably getting. 

Saying that, it took him awhile and he never quite made it with Tampa, so sometimes guys just take a while. 

I do think it's cool if you go back there are guys I liked out of that draft including 11th rounder Zach Muckenhirn who at least ended up with a cup of coffee in the majors. 

23 hours ago, interloper said:

I'm officially beating the drum for Cesar Prieto.

He's 25 and has a .296/.339/.480/.819 line in AAA. I feel like he's more than deserving of a look for St. Louis. They have a 1st round pick (19th) Nolan Gorman playing there, I guess, but he's got a .665 OPS in 267 ABs. 

Call up Prieto! :)

I won't root against the young man. I don't know if he has improved his defense, but his lack of real position hurt his prospect status overall. Saying that, an .819 OPS in AAA doesn't scream out to me with the way offense has been with the robo umps.

42 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I won't root against the young man. I don't know if he has improved his defense, but his lack of real position hurt his prospect status overall. Saying that, an .819 OPS in AAA doesn't scream out to me with the way offense has been with the robo umps.

A .919 OPS doesn’t even scream out anymore.  Lol