The second guessing Hyde thread.

Moose Milligan

Did we win? 

My guess is he felt Frazier as a left handed bat had a better chance to move the runner with a bunt. And, Frazier may be a better bunter with more experience in that role. Also, I think Montcastle is playing now for his future on the team. So give him a shot with us up one and two outs. 
Yes Frazier's hiccup made that last play close but having The Arm at short saved him and us. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Going to be hard to find someone to disagree with that.  Lol

If he thought Urias could get a bunt down he doesn’t take him out. You don’t score you are at a huge disadvantage. 

Felix gets almost 2/3 rds of his outs from a K. Only second DP all year 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I mean if you don't that only leaves Pickles and Sportsguy.  😛

SG is going to agree with you.  Not sure about Pickles.   I get a bad feeling every time I see a play at 2B and Frazier there.  No range, no arm, and now he might have the yips.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If he thought Urias could get a bunt down he doesn’t take him out. You don’t score you are at a huge disadvantage. 

Felix gets almost 2/3 rds of his outs from a K. Only second DP all year 

Poor pitch selection and it worked out.   The fastball up was unhittable.  The first fastball to Lowe was poorly located and he missed it.   The splitter was flat and he hit it hard right into a DP.  A little luck never hurts just like the line drive DP off Cano to end the 7th.

7 minutes ago, Spakman said:

Hard to disagree with many business today, but Cano hasn’t been good in awhile. And I hate his stare down of batters. That’s just garbage.

Ben McDonald astutely noticed tonight that Cano's arm slot has been a little lower in the past couple of outings than it was a few weeks ago. He thinks it could possibly signify that Cano's arm could possibly be starting to get tired.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rm5678 said:

Ben McDonald astutely noticed tonight that Cano's arm slot has been a little lower in the past couple of outings than it was a few weeks ago. He thinks it could possibly signify that Cano's arm could possibly be starting to get tired.

Ben is late to the party. I mentioned it here a week ago. 

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Poor pitch selection and it worked out.   The fastball up was unhittable.  The first fastball to Lowe was poorly located and he missed it.   The splitter was flat and he hit it hard right into a DP.  A little luck never hurts just like the line drive DP off Cano to end the 7th.

Barnes got a hit on a high heater yesterday. I don’t have an issue with selection. Wish it was down a little more. Kept it away.