I’ve pretty much stopped watching

Frobby

5 hours ago, Pickles said:

They'll never be what they were in the mid 90s.  That's a cold, hard truth.

The more they lose, the more prestige they will lose.  I agree with that as well.

It has a ripple effect.  I agree.

The only solution is to win consistently for a long time.  Our model should be the St. Louis Cardinals.  And I believe it largely is.

When they win again the fans will return in droves. 

There was a time when I would watch every night...even through the 14 years. I haven't watched a game in 2 years at this point. I'm in my mind 40's and have no interest in the ML team. The thing is, a more time passes it really don't know what may interest level will be of they turn this mess around.

• Upvote 2

I watch most of the games.  Started last nights blow out.  Stayed with it enough to see Jannis knucker wasn't effective his first time out.    I mainly  watch for the future players.  In the majors and track the prospects in the minors.   I accept where the team is and look forward to where the O's are headed.

Following Lowther, McKenna, Jones and Leyba  a lot now.   If Lowther has a good start tonight  he could get a promotion to the O's rotation for his next start.   McKenna probably needs 100 at bats at AAA before they get a promotion.  Leyba cooled off a little after a hot start with the Tides.  He had a good game last night though.  If he continues to hit he could be up to help at 2B/3B.

I wish I knew what was happening with Zimmermann.  He was coming back after 10 days on the IL.  Then Roch reports it will be two to three weeks.  But I have not heard anything from Hyde on Zim lately.   Would love to see Zim back in the rotation.

I am hoping Tyler Wells gets a start on Monday.

I find myself following the farm and watching the Padres and Rays. Well and hoping for an ownership that will choose one of those paths for us. 

In the meantime I continue to not try to not become disheartened by the ML team. I mean next year there is supposed to be a pretty electric #1. 

But when Houston and Tampa Bay are ripping the team to shreds it’s hard to see just how far away we are…still. Remember it’s always darkest before the dawn. Get through this year and next year should be a new dawn. 

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 

Used to watch on a nightly basis. Even when we had our first child who is now three.  Now, I'd rather watch baby bum than the product that is on the field.  I have no interest and have even thought about cancelling direct TV, as MASN is the only reason I subscribe.  I don't know where I will stand if/when things turn around.  Casual watcher, die hard, who knows.  All I know right now is I have better things to spend my time doing.

Agreed with the sentiment....I’ve been home on paternity leave this past month, so I’ve got time and bandwidth. Usually I’ll start watching the games in the evening, but after the first hour or so, things are so out of hand or so ugly that I’ll switch to NHL or NBA playoffs. Or I’ll cede the remote to my wife and suffer through whatever is on Bravo (which, incredibly, is often not as bad as the Orioles...) I very much want to watch and still generally enjoy it, it’s just really a tough sell when we’re getting our doors blown off or, as in the Cleveland series, the quality of play gets so ugly.

Like others, I definitely derive a lot of baseball happiness from monitoring the minor league box scores and dreaming of better days in Baltimore. 

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

This team has pretty much become unwatchable.   I check the score on my phone when I’m done with dinner, generally around 8:00.   Inevitably they’re already losing.   I keep an eye on the game every 15 minutes or so in between checking the minor league box scores.   Most nights, it’s just never worth it to turn on the game.   It’s sad.

Im there with you, and sadly, this was my routine in the 2000s when they sucked, just didnt use the phone to check the score.

I was stuck the other evening outside with nothing to do but wait. I turned on the ballgame, and Lopez was pitching pretty well. Of course, they still lost, but it was listening able. Last nite was just another suckee laugher for the opposing team.

Just now, Dr. Unk said:

I look at the score several times a night, but I can't watch.  Getting rid of the broadcast crew was the death knell, in addition to the lackluster team.

Even Miller and Angel would have a hard time broadcasting these games and make them listenable.

Im not a fan of listening to the games on TV, turn the sound down and just watch the action.

32 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Agreed with the sentiment....I’ve been home on paternity leave this past month, so I’ve got time and bandwidth. Usually I’ll start watching the games in the evening, but after the first hour or so, things are so out of hand or so ugly that I’ll switch to NHL or NBA playoffs. Or I’ll cede the remote to my wife and suffer through whatever is on Bravo (which, incredibly, is often not as bad as the Orioles...) I very much want to watch and still generally enjoy it, it’s just really a tough sell when we’re getting our doors blown off or, as in the Cleveland series, the quality of play gets so ugly.

Like others, I definitely derive a lot of baseball happiness from monitoring the minor league box scores and dreaming of better days in Baltimore. 

Congrats on the baby!

• Thanks 1

Kevin Brown & Jim Palmer make a terrific combo, they make anything good but when it’s Garceau, most of my attention goes to the nba playoffs these days. And what concerns me is if Elias goes underslot again this year. I will be upset. Please don’t tank for the 10th/15th best player. If he does that again this year, I will no longer be on Team Elias. 

28 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Kevin Brown & Jim Palmer make a terrific combo, they make anything good but when it’s Garceau, most of my attention goes to the nba playoffs these days. And what concerns me is if Elias goes underslot again this year. I will be upset. Please don’t tank for the 10th/15th best player. If he does that again this year, I will no longer be on Team Elias. 

Elias will probably lose sleep over that one.