Orioles trade discussion thread

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Doesn’t seem like we even got offers for Mancini. At least the article doesn’t mention that. Maybe there’s a market in the offseason, or next trade deadline. 

The only reliever that would’ve made sense to trade for us or the other team would’ve been Fry. Sulser is too much of an unknown and we wouldn’t get value for Scott and Tate at the moment. The market was a little flooded. Idealy, I like the idea of having somewhat of a bullpen behind Means, Rodriguez, and Hall. Whenever/if ever that rotation happens. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m coming around to the idea of offering Mancini 3/40+ this year. He’s a good story. The face of our team. He’s worth more to the O’s than another team. I just don’t see him bringing back a return to justify trading him. 

I would much rather put that money towards Mullins or Means extension.  The O's have limited funds compared to Yankees/Red Sox.  I would hate the O's to run out of money when they are ready to compete because they are paying Mancinin 13 or 14 million per year. 

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would much rather put that money towards Mullins or Means extension.  The O's have limited funds compared to Yankees/Red Sox.  I would hate the O's to run out of money when they are ready to compete because they are paying Mancinin 13 or 14 million per year. 

And it’s obvious the lowball offers, if any, that came in for Trey. It’s a tough call. Eventually you have to keep someone. 

12 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Cruz, Schwarber, Soler, Gallo

All play varying levels of sort of suitable OF I guess.

Gallo is a GG candidate in the OF. Cruz doesn’t play defense. And neither Schwarber or Soler are guys you want out there if you can help it. 

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m coming around to the idea of offering Mancini 3/40+ this year. He’s a good story. The face of our team. He’s worth more to the O’s than another team. I just don’t see him bringing back a return to justify trading him. 

And trade Mountcastle?  Seems to me the prudent move would be to trade away the 3rd year arb salary and replace with a player in second year of league minimum contract (who has more upside). 

On 7/30/2021 at 5:43 PM, Frobby said:

I think the Jays biggest need is pitching so they went out and got an above average major league starter.  I wouldn’t have traded Rutschman or Torkelson for Berrios, but to me it’s a reasonable deal.  And I guess from the Jays standpoint they got an above average starter out of their pick, although only for 1.3 seasons.  

I think the Jay's are banking on signing him long term, as well.  I like the move.  Tres cojones.  

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If teams aren't willing to trade for him that doesn't tend to indicate that he'd be a good candidate for a 3/40 contract.

20 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

3/40 would be far too much, imo.  He'd be just a good solid DH and occasional 1st baseman for the O's.  Players like that are not in high demand.