Who is the Orioles 2021 #9 prospect?

Tony-OH

Who is the Orioles 2021 #9 prospect?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Orioles 2021 #9 prospect?

• Kyle Bradish - RHP
    • Connor Norby - 2B
    • Heston Kjerstad - OF
    • Drew Rom - LHP
    • Terrin Vavra - 2B

This poll is closed to new votes

I’m going Norby. He struggled a bit in his debut but ended up with a good final line. He doesn’t have quite the pedigree of Kjerstad but he was a very good college hitter selected in the 2nd round. If he can stay at 2B, he has a lot of value. Most importantly, he has played. 

43 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I’m going Norby. He struggled a bit in his debut but ended up with a good final line. He doesn’t have quite the pedigree of Kjerstad but he was a very good college hitter selected in the 2nd round. If he can stay at 2B, he has a lot of value. Most importantly, he has played. 

I have Kjerstad but I think Norby is likely right after him, due to higher floor along with decent upside in comparison to the other options

I expect it to be Kjerstad, but my personal choice is Bradish and then Norby, so I went with Bradish.

I really have no idea what to do with Kjerstad, but having a major heart issue is a big deal. I think I'd personally ding his prospect rating pretty substantially and just hope that he returns like the injury never happened. I don't think that's really practical though. He'll need a full year of health just to get back to good physical condition, and that's to say nothing about being a superior athlete that it takes to be a top baseball player in the world.

Bradish is near ready and has the stuff to be an effective starter, I think. Based on some other comments I think Tony will have him rated a little lower than I do, and he's probably right, but I'm bullish on the kid.

I went with Kjerstad here, but it would not surprise me if Tony chose Norby. Tough call with so much still an unknown for Kjerstad, but it seems like Kjerstad is on the road back. Only a matter of how long it takes him to regain his strength and athleticism. The rhythm and timing will come with his swing reps.