Caleb Joseph on MLBTradeRumors Chat Now

NCRaven

That's my hard hitting journalism.

OsFan
3:22
Enjoyed your time in Baltimore, but how crazy was 2016 when you couldn't even luck into an RBI?

Caleb Joseph
3:23
I figured this was gonna be a question! This game will take you to the peaks of the mountains, and the depths of the valleys. It wasn't for a lack of effort, preparation, or desire. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. But my defense that year was excellent. Thats what I'm most proud of.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

OsFan
3:35
Having played with him, how crazy is it that some fans in Baltimore consider Matt Wieters a bust?

Caleb Joseph
3:37
Very crazy. Matt was right in the middle of all of those successful teams. Played over 10 years in the big leagues. People didn't see how great he was being the scenes also. He's worth his weight in Gold if you ask me.

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:
OsFan
3:35
Having played with him, how crazy is it that some fans in Baltimore consider Matt Wieters a bust?

Caleb Joseph
3:37
Very crazy. Matt was right in the middle of all of those successful teams. Played over 10 years in the big leagues. People didn't see how great he was being the scenes also. He's worth his weight in Gold if you ask me.

So Caleb thinks Matt was overpaid?  (235 pounds is only worth about 5M)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

What does that statement have to do with anything?

I stated a preference in reaction to oriole stating a preference.

lol what I meant by that is 2022 is not a year to expect major league talent. Sure, Joseph is not a great player but I think he has a lot of potential as a mentor and considering that could be a valuable asset then I wouldn’t mind at all if he was signed despite him being pretty far below average overall. 

5 minutes ago, oriole said:

lol what I meant by that is 2022 is not a year to expect major league talent. Sure, Joseph is not a great player but I think he has a lot of potential as a mentor and considering that could be a valuable asset then I wouldn’t mind at all if he was signed despite him being pretty far below average overall. 

Adley's dad is a baseball coach.  His grandfather is a famous coach.  He's a hard working kid who isn't exactly a kid.

I think the idea that he needs a wily vet to take him under his wing is malarky.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Adley's dad is a baseball coach.  His grandfather is a famous coach.  He's a hard working kid who isn't exactly a kid.

I think the idea that he needs a wily vet to take him under his wing is malarky.

I’m not advocating that it’s important for Adley to have a player/mentor, but coaching amateur baseball doesn’t necessarily teach everything you need to know to prepare a player to succeed in the major leagues.   

• Upvote 1