Serious Interest in Jon Garland

BillySmith

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even that would be an awful contract.

He declined arbitration, and if we sign him, he's getting at least 10 million per...

I agree though, it would be a terrible signing unless the Orioles are planning on getting Tex and Burnett as well.

I'd rather have Moyer on a 2/20 deal than Garland.

I'm torn on what I think about Garland. His peripherals don't look good, but he's be a solid 200+ IP, ~4.50 ERA picher over his career and we DESPERATELY need pitching.

Hopefully the economy hurts how much he will cost. Maybe something like a 3/27 (with a team option) kind of deal will work where we can hopefully deal him after the 2nd season.

Yeah I don't really think Garland would be a good target, although he seems like the perfect storm for somebody we'd target.

It would be really annoying to have to continue hoping that he's able to vastly outperform his awful peripherals for the next 4 years.

I'm going to seriously throw up if we offer Garland anything more than a 2/20 contract...

I was thinking more like 2/14 and even that is high. The problem with not buying quality is that you pay too much for mediocre talent. If AJ is going to the Braves then, Ben Sheets,,,,,yes high risk but very high reward.

Archived