Meoli interview with DL Hall

Frobby

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

Nice interview with Hall about being in limbo while his MiL teammates are in camp.  
https://jonmeoli.substack.com/p/orioles-dl-hall-mlb-lockout?s=r

It's a nice piece that highlights how this situation really stinks for these young players on the 40-man. This affects the Orioles even more because they have so many young pitchers on the 40-man that are in limbo.

I am looking forward to what "the new DL" can do. FanGraphs is not alone in their assessment that he has a lot of reliever risk, and I agree. However, I certainly would love to see him stick as a starter. Durability and command are significant issues though for him.

On 3/10/2022 at 11:50 AM, Jammer7 said:

I am looking forward to what "the new DL" can do. FanGraphs is not alone in their assessment that he has a lot of reliever risk, and I agree. However, I certainly would love to see him stick as a starter. Durability and command are significant issues though for him.

There is reliever risk because we really haven't seen him extended out to 100 pitches on a consistent basis and the command still has some questions. BUT, stuff wise, he has four plus pitches and can be unhittable when he's on. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Being healthy is a big part of it. Lets hope. Hall should get maybe 2 starts in AA then move up to Norfolk.  If he does well, then whenever his pitch count gets built up to 100, there's no longer a reason to keep him down. 

You don’t have to build up his pitch count in the minors.

Oooh boy!  People saying the right things to get my hopes up!

I have to assume his pitch count/IP will be watched closely.  So I wonder what his usage will be like when he's in Baltimore...  If he gets some IP in AA/AAA, then does he come up as an SP and then shut him down early?  Or as an RP to drag it out a bit more? 

Don't really care either way because it's good to see the sun rising!