DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

2 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

What's a realistic number of innings this year for Hall? He's already thrown 50 innings. He threw 31 innings last year. 100 seems like a big jump, but maybe that's the target. 

I'm guessing they'd like to see 100. IIRC in years past the Orioles have looked to jump maximum innings on their starting pitchers by around 50 per year

I’m fine with bringing him up now if the plan is to have him in an Akin role or a 3-4 inning piggy backer to an opener like Voth.

If the plan is to have him be a normal starter capable of getting through five innings regularly, I’d like to see a few more good starts in Norfolk considering he’s coming off a rough stretch where he seemed to have no command. 

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

I’m fine with bringing him up now if the plan is to have him in an Akin role or a 3-4 inning piggy backer to an opener like Voth.

If the plan is to have him be a normal starter capable of getting through five innings regularly, I’d like to see a few more good starts in Norfolk considering he’s coming off a rough stretch where he seemed to have no command. 

I think the plan should be for him to come up, start, and he'll get through what he gets through on any given night while he begins his MLB education.  Some nights that might be 2IP, some nights 5 or more.  We're still not a contending team.  Now is the time to learn.

• Upvote 1