Aberdeen “Break Camp” roster

Legend_Of_Joey

Circled back to Collin Burns pick thread (NCAA Tulane), post there said his advisor says he got slightly above slot for 6th round pick, and his 375K was third-highest that round last year.    375K also more than about half of 5th round picks and a few 4th round picks last year.    Hernaiz got 400K of Elias' pool $$$ his year.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/?year_ID=2021&draft_round=6&draft_type=junreg&query_type=year_round

I thought Prieto was all hit tool and limited glove skills, so kind of figure Burns may be the SS.    Burns over Hernaiz for Aberdeen gig has to sting a little for Hernaiz.

Burns 5.20.2000 is about 1.2 years older than Hernaiz 8.3.2001.    

Are Pinto-Tavera the 1-2 guys this weekend?

2 hours ago, waroriole said:

I assume he’ll be at 2B. Burns will play SS. 

Oh because Norby is at Aberdeen. Maybe a group will rotate in at DH. 

I would guess there would be a rotation with Burns and Prieto playing at SS, but Prieto also rotating in at 2B.

2 hours ago, yark14 said:

Why is Cowser starting the season at Aberdeen?  He needs to be at Bowie.

Why does he “need” to be at Bowie?   2019 no. 5 pick Jonathan India spent about 2/3 of his first full season in the minors at high A.    2016 no. 5 pick Corey Ray spent the whole year in high A.  2012 no. 5 pick Kyle Zimmer spent most of his season in High A.  Those were all college guys drafted no. 5, like Cowser.

Elias has shown that his initial placements are conservative but he will move players up quickly if they show they need more of a challenge.   If Cowser needs to be in AA, he’ll show it.  

• Upvote 1