Rougned Odor 2022

OsFanSinceThe80s

I definitely think Grayson could have started the year with the O's.

Aside from him, I'm happy Hall isn't up in the majors walking 5+ per 9. He still can't finish 4 innings. He has plenty of work to do in situations where it's not costing us MLB wins.

Westburg is on fire right now but wasn't really lighting it up in Bowie, this year or last year. He needs to sustain his production a bit longer to force his way up. Gunnar definitely had some issues coming into this year. I can't really argue with their current placement, but if their July is anything like June that may start to change. 

Stowers probably has the best argument on the merits to be playing in Baltimore right now but you also can't really argue with the production of Hays/Mullins/Santander. 

Odor continues to help the O's get wins.  He's not good enough to build around, but exactly the kind of place holder that we need as we become competitive.  When someone is ready to be better, he will be gone.  Until then, he has been a nice addition.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, foxfield said:

Odor continues to help the O's get wins.  He's not good enough to build around, but exactly the kind of place holder that we need as we become competitive.  When someone is ready to be better, he will be gone.  Until then, he has been a nice addition.

He's replacement level and he should have already been dropped to make room for the future.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, foxfield said:

He has a slash line of 197/256/390/646.  His OAA is -5.

You can argue he’s actually been worse than expected.  

He seems to be well liked by the players.  That’s about the best thing that can be said about him.

Baseball lives can be so funny.    End of next year, Gunnar will need 5 WAR to be where Rougned was at the end of his Age 22 season.

All 2.5 of those good seasons were in the track record when the Rangers guaranteed him his ~$50mm before 2017 Opening Day.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/03/rangers-close-to-extension-with-rougned-odor.html

Skimming that story, I hadn't thought about Jason Kipnis in awhile.

19 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Baseball lives can be so funny.    End of next year, Gunnar will need 5 WAR to be where Rougned was at the end of his Age 22 season.

All 2.5 of those good seasons were in the track record when the Rangers guaranteed him his ~$50mm before 2017 Opening Day.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/03/rangers-close-to-extension-with-rougned-odor.html

Skimming that story, I hadn't thought about Jason Kipnis in awhile.

Odor has made over 50 million dollars and has about 7 career WAR. His agent should be in the Hall of Fame. 

• Haha 2