Bannon optioned, Gillaspie recalled

Legend_Of_Joey

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Does he, when Mountcastle is back?

I would DFA Owings. Mateo and Urias can cover short and we can bring up Martin if one of them gets dinged up.

I’d rather have Bannon than Nevin, but both are pretty bad. Nevin always seems to hit groundballs. Bannon can at least play 2B and 3B. Nevin only seems to be able to play 1B. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

How much would the Blue Jays want for Cavan Biggio?  Straight up for one of Mancini, Santander, or Tate?  

I think Tate is coming around.  I wouldn't trade him for Biggio.

Biggio was pretty good in 2019 and 2020, not so much last year.  And he's off to a terrible start (albeit in a small sample size) this year.  Wouldn't be a bad trade target though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I’d rather have Bannon than Nevin, but both are pretty bad. Nevin always seems to hit groundballs. Bannon can at least play 2B and 3B. Nevin only seems to be able to play 1B. 

Nevin only has 51 plate appearances, but you're correct about his GB% it's 51.6%.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/tyler-nevin/17893/stats?position=1B/3B/OF

38 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Deck chairs on the Titanic either way.

52 minutes ago, waroriole said:

So I guess you didn't see his play that got someone on the bird app to compare him (tongue-in-cheek) to Arenado? ;) 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

How much would the Blue Jays want for Cavan Biggio?  Straight up for one of Mancini, Santander, or Tate?  

Elias better not trade Santander for Biggio.  Santander is a major league player and the exact same age as Biggio.  Biggio is probably a good DFA possibility if he doesn’t turn it around soon.   If or when he moves Santander it should be a guy younger and will have little or no service time used with some upside.

4 hours ago, waroriole said:

Both were ranked prospects I believe too. Your farm system is only as good as your successes and we seem to be missing those. That’s why many teams trade the players they evaluate lower than other teams so their value doesn’t go to zero.

16 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Both were ranked prospects I believe too. Your farm system is only as good as your successes and we seem to be missing those. That’s why many teams trade the players they evaluate lower than other teams so their value doesn’t go to zero.

Hard to have any successes when your best prospects never get promoted.