Jorge Lopez going to 2022 All-star game as only Orioles rep

Tony-OH

I got to admit, if someone would have told me that Lopez would be going to the All-Star game at the beginning of the year I would have been surprised. 

He's had a really good first half and he seems like a guy that is really liked in the clubhouse.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

He is not a Ty Wigginton All Star pick either. He has truly had a great season and he definitely isn't the worst all-star rep this season (probably Joe Mantiply).

To be honest I had never heard of Joe Mantiply but I just looked up his numbers and he has a 1.83 ERA with a 34:1 K to BB ratio so I think he’s earned it haha.

12 minutes ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

To be honest I had never heard of Joe Mantiply but I just looked up his numbers and he has a 1.83 ERA with a 34:1 K to BB ratio so I think he’s earned it haha.

Mantiply has only thrown 34 and a third innings this year which is why he has accrued fewer rWAR than Keegan Akin.

37 minutes ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

As near as I can tell, Joe Mantiply is only the 3rd Virginia Tech Hokie baseball player to make the All Star Game.   Joe Saunders made one, and Mike Williams made two, appearing in one.  Williams and Saunders each pitched a scoreless inning in the All Star Game, so the all time ERA of Hokies in the ASG is 0.00, we will see if Mantiply can keep that up.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

So is this the last time in the next six years that Adley is not (one of) our all-star rep(s)?   I say yes!

I think to get it out to double-digits years Sunday night needs to be a high schooler but I'm hoping for about a 12-year moratorium on @Can of Corn saying "pity representative". 

I'm ready for one bad BABIP year from Rafael Devers to talk about near term Red Sox teams in those terms though.  

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

So is this the last time in the next six years that Adley is not (one of) our all-star rep(s)?   I say yes!

So is this the last time in the next six years that the Orioles only get one All-Star rep?  I hope yes.

44 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Would be awesome if he is traded before the game. Apparently MLB does not have a policy but KC was given a replacement after they traded Beltran to the Astros in 2004. 

Why would it be awesome?