Log-Jam at Norfolk

Crazysilver03

Me either. Both of these guys will certainly be in Baltimore if they are healthy in some role. They both may be in the bullpen, but I don't see them in Norfolk.

I don't disagree with this. The real question is whether Albers is fully healthy. I could see him starting in AAA as a precaution, but it's entirely possible he starts on the Orioles. But who gets bumped out to make room for him? Olson?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't disagree with this. The real question is whether Albers is fully healthy. I could see him starting in AAA as a precaution, but it's entirely possible he starts on the Orioles. But who gets bumped out to make room for him? Olson?

I really don't see Albers starting. If the O's go with Penn, Olson and Liz in the majors, then we'll need a solid guy who can potentially go 4+ innings and keep the O's in the game when one of the youngsters falters (which will probably happen a lot) and Albers seems to me to be that guy.

We have so many young starters due to arrive in the majors over the next 2 years, that I think Matt's real value is in the role he handled so well last year.

It would have to get better ratings than Nationals games, right? :laughlol:

It might get better ratings than Orioles games this year.:o

(I know it really wouldn't)

I do wonder how many people would tune in though? It would have to be part of a sales pitch to O's fans. Baby Birds?:scratchchinhmm::laughlol:

I really don't see Albers starting. If the O's go with Penn, Olson and Liz in the majors, then we'll need a solid guy who can potentially go 4+ innings and keep the O's in the game when one of the youngsters falters (which will probably happen a lot) and Albers seems to me to be that guy.

We have so many young starters due to arrive in the majors over the next 2 years, that I think Matt's real value is in the role he handled so well last year.

Matt's value might be out of the bullpen in a few years, but right now he could possibly be one of our best starters. We have several options for multiple inning relievers in the bullpen.

Here is my take...light on top, but a lot of decisions in the bottom rungs.

MLB:

Starters:

Guthrie, Olson, Liz, Albers, Penn

Bullpen:

Sherill, Ray, Baez, Johnson, Walker, Hendrickson, Sarfate

AAA:

Starters:

Patton, Bergeson, Hernandez, Waters, Hennessey

Bullpen:

McCrory, Hoey, J. Miller, A. Castillo, Burres, Chiasson, Mickolio, R. Wolf/Bass

AA:

Starters:

Tillman, Berken, Arrieta, Spoone/Clark, Erbe

Bullpen:

Deza, Casadiego, Dan Smith, C. Thall, R. Rodriegez, Keefer, Perralt

A+

Starters:

Matusz, Z. Britton, P Beato, T. Bascom, S. Gleason/Kyle Schmidt/Renshaw

Bullpen:

Mattiliano, Flagello, Jeff Moore, Barb, Parker, Oullette, Bordes

A-

Starters:

Butler, Noel, Zagone, McCurry, Egans/Marriotti

Bullpen:

Drake, Esposito, Cooney, Salberg, Williamson, Allar, Kirbis/A. Miller/S. Matthews

Aberdeen:

Possible Starters:

Haughian, Moreau, Odom, K. Moreland,

Bullpen:

Jake Smith, R. O'Shea, Procner

I believed released/lost:

Mueller, Lebron, Schindling, Touchatt, Andy Mitchell, Simon, Bass

Here is my take...light on top, but a lot of decisions in the bottom rungs.

MLB:

Starters:

Guthrie, Olson, Liz, Albers, Penn

Bullpen:

Sherill, Ray, Baez, Johnson, Walker, Hendrickson, Sarfate

AAA:

Starters:

Patton, Bergeson, Hernandez, Waters, Hennessey

Bullpen:

McCrory, Hoey, J. Miller, A. Castillo, Burres, Chiasson, Mickolio, R. Wolf/Bass

AA:

Starters:

Tillman, Berken, Arrieta, Spoone/Clark, Erbe

Bullpen:

Deza, Casadiego, Dan Smith, C. Thall, R. Rodriegez, Keefer, Perralt

A+

Starters:

Matusz, Z. Britton, P Beato, T. Bascom, S. Gleason/Kyle Schmidt/Renshaw

Bullpen:

Mattiliano, Flagello, Jeff Moore, Barb, Parker, Oullette, Bordes

A-

Starters:

Butler, Noel, Zagone, McCurry, Egans/Marriotti

Bullpen:

Drake, Esposito, Cooney, Salberg, Williamson, Allar, Kirbis/A. Miller/S. Matthews

Aberdeen:

Possible Starters:

Haughian, Moreau, Odom, K. Moreland,

Bullpen:

Jake Smith, R. O'Shea, Procner

I believed released/lost:

Mueller, Lebron, Schindling, Touchatt, Andy Mitchell, Simon, Bass

Those pitchers bolded will ot take spots for our prospects as in Berken and Tillman who both will start in Norfolk

Those pitchers bolded will ot take spots for our prospects as in Berken and Tillman who both will start in Norfolk

I think that neither Berken or Tillman will start the season in AAA due to age and added development time, but will be there quick with success. You need to remember that a lot injuries and other things happen between now and then and all season, I don't think they push those guys to quick, but I agree neither Waters or Hennessey will hold back the kids if they are ready.

I think that neither Berken or Tillman will start the season in AAA due to age and added development time, but will be there quick with success. You need to remember that a lot injuries and other things happen between now and then and all season, I don't think they push those guys to quick, but I agree neither Waters or Hennessey will hold back the kids if they are ready.

Berken will be 24 and Tillman's success at AA warrants a promotion.

Berken will be 24 and Tillman's success at AA warrants a promotion.

I agree, Berken will actually be 25, he definitley needs to be moved up to Norfolk.

I think tillman is the most likely of all to stay back in AA, although I certainly don't agree with it.

If Waters isnt a starter, I would like to see him transitioned to a reliever because as a LHP out of the bullpen, he could keep himself in the majors, since Hendrickson and Walker will be gone after the season.

I agree, Berken will actually be 25, he definitley needs to be moved up to Norfolk.

I think tillman is the most likely of all to stay back in AA, although I certainly don't agree with it.

Yes, if there's a guy that would be set back, it would be Tillman. Tillman has nothing to prove in AA ball.

Yes, if there's a guy that would be set back, it would be Tillman. Tillman has nothing to prove in AA ball.

Every time I hear a knock on the big three it tends to be Tillman's shaky command. If he happens to be the odd man out, let him work on his command in a leasgue he knows he can get people out. It would be better than learning at a higher level and going through a lot of growing pains. Henderickson/short deals are to give these guys more time to develop in the minors. He will be 21 entering the season, so it's not a big deal if he gets another half season in Bowie.

Archived