Where should DL Hall begin the 2023 season?

wildcard

In Grayson's instance it is only because of the lat and game-planning to get him through 26 weeks, but Akin and T.Wells haven't demonstrated 32 * 5.1 innings capability in one unbroken sequence either.

You really only do stuff like throw Jorge Lopez third time through the order or pitch Jordan Lyles 180 innings if you are expecting your team's quality to profile in a certain way.

With genuine expectations now present, really curious to see how Raysian mad scientist arms strategies are in the spring.   MLB Bats can menace your incubating pitchers after a few innings - just don't let that happen all April long.    Some of why I'm pulling for Elias to double up on the #3 starter types is to push everyone down the food chain.

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

That works for me.  The concept as well.   I'd prefer to see Hall in the majors instead of trying to consistently dominate AAA hitters as a starter.   His innings are going to be limited anyway.   Use him for multiple innings either randomly when needed or as a combination with someone like GrayRod.   I've already mentioned Voth being used like that as well.

I love him as a reliever.  Hall & Wells for ~100ip each of nasty relief is a fantastic way to start the pen.  Big nasty righty and Big nasty lefty.