We can still salvage this off season....

DocJJ

On a more serious note, I'm not sure I really like any of the remaining free agent starting pitchers.  I like Rodon the best, but for 6 years, I don't think his health will hold out that many years and you probably will get 1 great year and then a bunch of injury riddled years while flushing money down the toilet.   Taillon has had 2 TJ surgeries and the track record for pitchers who've had that twice is NOT good.  They'd have to be crazy to think his arm holds up.  Bassit turns 34 this year and wants 5 years. You might get 2-3 good years so it could be worth it...

At this point, Senga may be best option but I hear his market is really heating up too....

Elias will probably have to try to trade for a starter.  Who should we give up?  Teams are going to want top prospects.  They won't take Jorge Mateo and Ramon Urias and low level prospects. 

Let’s press down on the gas as hard we can and sign all three. Highest payroll I see on Cots is in 2017 when it was around $165 million. If they can match that number in 2023, could they sign Judge, Rodon, and Correa? If they did, would they win the division? 

Elias just seems too risk adverse.  Yiu can't depend on free agents signing for what you want to pay.  The O's have a very small payroll for position players next year compared to other contenders.   All that money saved needs to be spent on pitching.  I feel like a #2/#3"starter is a necessity.  The O's don't need another #5 starter, they already have about 8.  I feel like Gibson was a luxury that wasn't really needed.  The O's need a starter that can win in the playoffs.

58 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Elias just seems too risk adverse.  Yiu can't depend on free agents signing for what you want to pay.  The O's have a very small payroll for position players next year compared to other contenders.   All that money saved needs to be spent on pitching.  I feel like a #2/#3"starter is a necessity.  The O's don't need another #5 starter, they already have about 8.  I feel like Gibson was a luxury that wasn't really needed.  The O's need a starter that can win in the playoffs.

I think we should wait until the offseason is over to judge this.   A lot of names are off the board, but there are still several left, and the trade market.  If no further significant pitching moves are made by the O’s, I will agree with what you said, but it’s too soon to say it now.  

There are still a ton of players available. Of the players signed, the one ones that I really wanted (outside of Verlander, deGrom and maybe Turner which we knew weren't happening) was Abreu. 

Carlos Rodon is still available. Kodai Senga is still available. Chris Bassitt is still available. I'd take any of those three. Pablo Lopez is still a Marlin as well. 

As for offense, Andrew Benintendi is still available and a good fit. I wouldn't mind trying Jurickson Profar or someone of that ilk either. 

For those that want Correa, he's still available. He's not signing with Baltimore, but he's still available. 

remember when Eve Rosenbaum said "we are not the Yankees or Dodgers" I think that also now includes the mets and phils and rangers. The big names are going and if anyone was expecting us to get those names then they are sadly mistaken. @jamalshw points out the people that we were all talking about a few weeks ago are mostly still there. There is still time and work, lets not let our fanbase turn into that of the yankees or dodgers please. I trust in what we are doing right now is right for the long term vision of this club

8 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

There are still a ton of players available. Of the players signed, the one ones that I really wanted (outside of Verlander, deGrom and maybe Turner which we knew weren't happening) was Abreu. 

Carlos Rodon is still available. Kodai Senga is still available. Chris Bassitt is still available. I'd take any of those three. Pablo Lopez is still a Marlin as well. 

As for offense, Andrew Benintendi is still available and a good fit. I wouldn't mind trying Jurickson Profar or someone of that ilk either. 

For those that want Correa, he's still available. He's not signing with Baltimore, but he's still available. 

Any word on Eovaldi offers? Many had him as a possible Orioles target. Wacha, Kluber, Syndergaard still out there.