Prepare yourselves for Hosmer

interloper

19 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Realistically, if you look at what we currently need in a bat, Hosmer pretty much checks all those boxes. LH, 1B, good glove, insurance for Mountcastle slumps. Bare minimum salary. Just like odor last year. 

His glove is not good. Was an over-rated fielder when younger, he's just not good now. I don't mind the pick up if he is minimum wage. Slots in at DH, occasional start at 1B to relieve Mountcastle.  If Hosmer is on fire and Mountcastle is slumping hard, then he can earn more starts there

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Would seem to affect Stowers the most unless it opens up a trade for Santander or Hays.

I'm hoping Stowers forces their hand but he might be the 4th OF going into the season. If Elias truly wants a LH 1B to compete for DH/1B, then there isn't much after Hosmer. I suggested Belt in another thread, but someone posted an article about how he might be physically done. Dominic Smith is out there, but he feels like a guy would would have brought in 2019.

If Elias doesn't care if the DH/1B option is RH, then you can talk about Mancini or Voit on a 1yr deal. There's some other interesting names out there like Sano, Gurriell, and even Yoshi Tsutsugo that I would love to invite to camp on milb deals if they are willing to take it