Debating if MLB.tv package is worth it. Does it have old Oriole archive games? How many? Does it work on your Tv or just computers?

Gurgi

24 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I don't have cable and I really don't want to get it either. MLB has the games blacked out in my area. Are there any other options that anyone knows of?

DirectTV STREAM is the only online service that offers MASN in-market that I am aware of. Looks like its more expensive than last season, over $99/month. I may be listing on 630AM this season at those prices. 

2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

I don't have cable and I really don't want to get it either. MLB has the games blacked out in my area. Are there any other options that anyone knows of?

not legally, this is a league wide fanbase problem where the MLB always says its trying to bring back or get more fans but black out games. Every fanbase has this problem. Me not a fan of constant tech changes even knows its time to get up with the times and accept streaming across the board and stop blacking out games on MLB.tv no matter where you are. 

16 hours ago, Gurgi said:

I am not TV or computer savy.  I have been looking over the MLB.tv website and cant figure out if it is worth it to me.  I live in MD and will get most Oriole games on MASN on the TV.   But I am very interested in our minor league games also.  And I do occasionally want to watch certain teams and players like Otani and Trout.  

Is the package worth it?   What do you get with it?  I would be very interested in watching some older Oriole games that might be in some archive.  Do they have anything like that?   Would really enjoy if I could see the Tippy Martinez three tipped off guys in one inning since I was at the game myself.  Or like the game Eddie Murray stole home to win a game since I was there.   

How many old games do they have available to watch?

For old games, I only see archives going back to 2021. If you're local then the live O's games will be blacked out for you anyways, so it's really for other teams and the minor league games (which they're just starting to do this year).

I'm on the west coast, so I've had mlb.tv to watch O's games for the last 15 years. But in MD it mostly depends how much you value seeing other games.

12 hours ago, sevastras said:

I have had it forever as well, living outside the market. For some reason, they think Idaho is in Seattle and Denver markets so those are blacked out. I’ve tried watching them with a VPN to no avail. 
Great news that the minor league games are now included. 

I’m not endorsing using VPNs here since they’re not legal for all uses, but some VPNs do work with mlb.tv and their blackout restrictions while others don’t. So a different VPN may get better results.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

Stream east xyz. I am in the blackout area so can’t get any games on mlb tv but also the local provider does not offer masn package either so that only way I can watch them.  I been using them last few years with no issues until last year when mlb started cracking down on these streaming sites and had to miss probably 10-15 games because site down but a day or two and it would be up again..

7 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Stream east xyz. I am in the blackout area so can’t get any games on mlb tv but also the local provider does not offer masn package either so that only way I can watch them.  I been using them last few years with no issues until last year when mlb started cracking down on these streaming sites and had to miss probably 10-15 games because site down but a day or two and it would be up again..

Feel like se.xyz went completely dark with MLB and lots of other sports last year. They were still reliable for RedZone. 

I agree with the above sentiment tho. I'd give MLB $150 easy to watch the Os. They don't want my money tho. Blacked out alllll the way down in NC. Just pure stupid. GameDay and game threads it is.

31 minutes ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

Feel like se.xyz went completely dark with MLB and lots of other sports last year. They were still reliable for RedZone. 

I agree with the above sentiment tho. I'd give MLB $150 easy to watch the Os. They don't want my money tho. Blacked out alllll the way down in NC. Just pure stupid. GameDay and game threads it is.

MLB gives a lot of hot air about growing their fan base and bringing in new fans, but choose grabbing every dollar in the present over doing something for the future of the game.

On 2/25/2023 at 4:05 AM, sevastras said:

I have had it forever as well, living outside the market. For some reason, they think Idaho is in Seattle and Denver markets so those are blacked out. I’ve tried watching them with a VPN to no avail. 
Great news that the minor league games are now included. 

The market definitions for some zip codes is wild.  Years ago I was in Las Vegas for an extended time and was blacked out of an entire Orioles road trip.  At the time there were 7 teams claiming NV as part of their market.