2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

41 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Yeah the team needs a shake up.  The look tired and lame.  Zero energy.

GH batting lead off is interesting.

Completely off the wall (and perhaps stupid) idea  but......I get this idea from watching the HBO show about the Lakers....Winning time. 

I would have called up Cowser, Ortiz (although is he not available) as well as Mayo and maybe even Holliday and started them all today.  Especially with G Rod pitching.

Think of a line up of Westberg, Kjerstad, GH, AR, Cowser, Mayo, Holliday and Ortiz if available.  G Rod pitching. 

I realize this is radical and not something you could do everyday but putting all the young guys out there from AAA?  They may give the team a jolt and they may be young enough to not care about the pressure.    They couldn't do worse than what we are seeing. 

We would need to DFA half of the veterans who have gotten us here. Hicks is hitting almost 1.000 in September. We do not need to bring up a bunch of rookies after a few bad games. Sometimes we are gonna lose to good teams like Tampa and good pitching will make our offense look bad. 

35 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

We would need to DFA half of the veterans who have gotten us here. Hicks is hitting almost 1.000 in September. We do not need to bring up a bunch of rookies after a few bad games. Sometimes we are gonna lose to good teams like Tampa and good pitching will make our offense look bad. 

True......but maybe we should haha.   But yeah you are right.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I know  he played the other day but Westburg has been used sparingly over the last week. They said he was banged up earlier in the week.  Has anything else been said about his health?

I’m assuming it’s Hyde deferring to the veteran Frazier, against all logic. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That may be the case but I’m just wondering if anything further has been said about Westburg’s injuries.

Nothing further has been said, but that doesn't mean there isn't something going on with Westburg that they're not saying publicly.

Santander certainly needed a break, he's not hitting much of anything right now and striking out WAY too often lately.  Maybe a small rest will get him back on target.  I'd personally rather see Gunnar at SS with Urias at 3rd and letting Mateo be able to come off of the bench in a big moment like last night, but that is what it is.  Excited to see some at bats for Kjerstad, though in the middle of a division chase may not be the ideal time to be letting a rookie get his feet wet.  I do agree with others, if Mountcastle can't play then give him a short stint on the DL so we can fill his spot for now.