2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

12 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

They just can't not start Mateo.  It's beyond ridiculous at this point.   We simply don't give ourselves the best chance to win with him batting that often. 

Stats vs lefties

Mateo .290/.330/.440/.770

Urias .211/.279/.326/.605

Frazier .189/.283/.321/.604

I am pretty sure playing him over those other two vs lefty is giving us best chance to win.  

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Stats vs lefties

I am pretty sure playing him over those other two vs lefty is giving us best chance to win.  

Yea I was going to say, as much as it pains me to see him in the lineup, Mateo is hitting lefties well this year.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I was going to say, as much as it pains me to see him in the lineup, Mateo is hitting lefties well this year.

Let's get more recent numbers, shall we?  Since May against LHP Mateo has a .629 OPS.  Do you call that hitting lefties well?

2 hours ago, bpilktree said:

Stats vs lefties

Only a .629 OPS against lefties since May...his overall numbers are inflated due to how great he was in March/April, but since then he's been really poor.  Now granted, Frazier is poor against LHP while Urias is putting up roughly the same numbers as Mateo during the same time period.  Overall it sucks that we are ever in a position where starting someone with a .629 OPS since May is a good idea....if only we had someone would was a slick fielding infielder who is OPSing .970 against LHP in AAA...