Jordan Westburg 2023

Just Regular

3-5 with a double and his 13th HR. Now batting .311 / .383 / .600 at AAA. As a comparison Mountcastle hit .312 / .344 / .527 at the same level, and was two years younger at the time. Their K rate at AAA is about the same, but Westburg walks a whole lot more often than Mountcastle did. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

3-5 with a double and his 13th HR. Now batting .311 / .383 / .600 at AAA. As a comparison Mountcastle hit .312 / .344 / .527 at the same level, and was two years younger at the time. Their K rate at AAA is about the same, but Westburg walks a whole lot more often than Mountcastle did. 

I haven't looked up any statistics, but I'm wondering if that home run pace might be exceeding last season's home run pace.

The time has to be soon. With the way the MLB club likes to roll out their “lefty” and “righty” lineups, having a full roster of “haves” should be a priority. Now as it stands we roll out at least 1-2 “have nots” in those lineups each time it happens.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Sometimes you have to wonder, are there any other contending teams that would still have Westburg in the minor leagues while starting guys like Vavra, Frazier, Mckenna, Hicks and McCann (as DH)?

But I keep being told that we don’t have enough at bats for him. SMH

Now, Westburg has some red flags. He is far from a perfect prospect but the production, talent and age are all there. There is zero reason to hold him back at this point.

Its honestly getting tiresome even following Westburg in the minors at this point, because every time he has a good game (which seems like its every game), it just makes me more annoyed that he isn't in the majors.  The guy is on pace for what, 40ish home runs?

Same would likely be true of Cowser if he hadn't gotten hurt.

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Its honestly getting tiresome even following Westburg in the minors at this point, because every time he has a good game (which seems like its every game), it just makes me more annoyed that he isn't in the majors.  The guy is on pace for what, 40ish home runs?

Same would likely be true of Cowser if he hadn't gotten hurt.

Yeah, I'm not convinced even if Cowser was healthy and mashing that he would have gotten the call after the Mullins injury.  This organization has been very clear that they'll call up prospects on their own timeline and not due to injuries at the MLB level.  I think we still would have signed Hicks and Cowser would still be in AAA.

• Upvote 1