Westburg is near ready

wildcard

11 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nope, that was me.

I tried searching but didn't have much luck.

There’s this article on Frazier’s faith. 

I liked this quote from him: “Lusting can be a real struggle for me, and a lot of guys. It can be difficult at times, because it’s a real weakness.”

I hope he’s willing to lust after a playoff spot.

12 hours ago, eddie83 said:

The amount of preconceived notions concerning Frazier floors me. 

His career average is a .728 OPS.  If he does that, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

He hasn't sniffed that since being traded to San Diego in 2021.  If that's a preconceived notion, I apologize but I don't think I'm getting too carried away here.  

3 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

The only thing I'm getting out of this thread is the same thing I got out of the initial thread when Frazier was signed.

That thing is:  WHY?  Urias and Westburg are better options.

He bats left handed.

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

His career average is a .728 OPS.  If he does that, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

He hasn't sniffed that since being traded to San Diego in 2021.  If that's a preconceived notion, I apologize but I don't think I'm getting too carried away here.  

Is anyone really disagreeing with this?  The average 31-year old player is going to have an OPS below his career average.  But there’s a lot of room between .728 and last year’s .612.   And a 2B can be pretty valuable even with a sub-.728 OPS.  In Frazier’s case, he was worth 0.8 rWAR in 58 games with a .661 OPS in 2020; 1.0 rWAR with a .662 OPS in 57 games after being traded to San Diego in 2021.  So he could easily be a 2+ WAR player with even a mild bounce-back from last season.   Mind you, I’d prefer to give Westburg a shot, but Frazier is still several levels better than Odor.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is anyone really disagreeing with this?  The average 31-year old player is going to have an OPS below his career average.  But there’s a lot of room between .728 and last year’s .612.   And a 2B can be pretty valuable even with a sub-.728 OPS.  In Frazier’s case, he was worth 0.8 rWAR in 58 games with a .661 OPS in 2020; 1.0 rWAR with a .662 OPS in 57 games after being traded to San Diego in 2021.  So he could easily be a 2+ WAR player with even a mild bounce-back from last season.   Mind you, I’d prefer to give Westburg a shot, but Frazier is still several levels better than Odor.  

Well @eddie83seemed to be appalled by the preconceived notions against Frazier.

Excuse me, he was floored.  

• Haha 1