Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

Interestingly, I think Frazier will be a better player than Odor was yet at the same time I think he will be a key contributor to an extensive amount of losses. 
But who knows, a bad spring doesn’t mean it’ll be a bad year for him. I just hope that if he sucks then he isn’t trotted out there unnecessarily over and over again like our last 2B was.

How he performs is the question.  

Its not hard for me to see why he was signed.   If I look at the projections for Mountcastle, Santander, Hays, Stowers and Mateo they project to a OBP of 310 or less.  In Mateo's case much less.  Frazier OBP over his career is mostly at 335 OBP or better except of last season and the shortened season of 2020.   So Frazier has the chance to provide something the O's need if he performs well.

We only have minor league numbers and ST numbers which are against a lot of minor leaguers for Westburg and Ortiz.    With the O's trying to contend there is added risk in the conversion from the minors to the majors.

So far Frazier's spring is not looking good.   Maybe as a veteran he can turn it up in the regular season.

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Its not hard for me to see why he was signed.   If I look at the projections for Mountcastle, Santander, Hays, Stowers and Mateo they project to a OBP of 310 or less.  In Mateo's case much less.  Frazier OBP over his career is mostly at 335 OBP or better except of last season and the shortened season of 2020.   So Frazier has the chance to provide something the O's need if he performs well.

We only have minor league numbers and ST numbers which are against a lot of minor leaguers for Westburg and Ortiz.    With the O's trying to contend there is added risk in the conversion from the minors to the majors.

So far Frazier's spring is not looking good.   Maybe as a veteran he can turn it up in the regular season.

This is why @Frobby. This is why you can't post this thread yet! :D 

25 minutes ago, wildcard said:

WC, I honestly do love your optimism but OMG "Its not hard for me to see why he was signed." If OBP was the metric driving this acquisition, then the answer should have been Vavra. If the ability to drive in runs was the metric then it should have been Westburg over Frazier every day, even on Sundays. If defense was the metric then Ortiz should have been the choice. I haven't even considered Urias and his supposedly bum knee carrying over from last season so we did an in case of fire break glass signing. If so, they don't cost $8M. This is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, there is no rational justification. Sorry

• Upvote 1