Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

On 6/15/2023 at 2:15 AM, Brooks The Great said:

That's not what I said. I said I'd prefer seeing Odor at the league minimum again to paying Adam Frazier $8 million and getting the production Frazier has provided. I hated Odor last season and would never want him back. But I despise the Frazier signing even more. Especially considering Frazier has blocked Ortiz and Westburg for the entire season.

O's Hangout is the ultimate place where people put words in your mouth. It's super annoying. Now I just need DirtyBird to come in and drop a one-liner of pure nonsense.

I apologize if I mistook what you said by reading another's comment. I was wondering why another would want Odor over Frazier. Now saying that, I disagree with you because I would not want Odor on this team at any price tag in any role. We obviously agree on Frazier's salary and him blocking in my opinion, better overall players, but he's been fine overall. 

I still would prefer Westburg playing pretty much everyday at 2B and Frazier off the bench.  

On 6/15/2023 at 3:59 AM, purplepittabread88 said:

I’m a university of Washington student and one of my friends works for the mariners. He said Frazier was always killing and craving cigarettes. Always leaving to go smoke one. That’s probably why he looks so nuts at the end of games when they extend his time in between cigs with a forced interview 

Strange to think of a professional athlete's these days smoking cigarettes, but I'm sure there are some. 

Here's where my mind is with Adam Frazier right now - 

He's performed well enough to garner interest from other teams that may have a need at the deadline.  If we are able to get anything for him of value, even some younger, talented minor league filler, I think Elias has to pull the trigger on that.........because otherwise, Frazier is gone at year end anyway and we've gotten nothing.

Of course, you only do this if you ("Elias") feel that Ortiz and/or Westburg will sufficiently backfill Frazier's production.

Thoughts?? 

34 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

He's performed well enough to garner interest from other teams that may have a need at the deadline.  If we are able to get anything for him of value, even some younger, talented minor league filler, I think Elias has to pull the trigger on that.........because otherwise, Frazier is gone at year end anyway and we've gotten nothing.

Of course, you only do this if you ("Elias") feel that Ortiz and/or Westburg will sufficiently backfill Frazier's production.

Thoughts?? 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/06/astros-trade-rumors-left-handed-bat-versatile-outfield-first-base.html

47 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Thoughts?? 

If Elias isn't willing to play the rookies now, I doubt he'd be willing to trade our veteran starting 2B at the deadline and go with the rookies in the 2nd half of a pennant race.  I think it's much more likely he trades one of the prospects for a veteran.  I'm not saying I agree, just my guess at what Elias might do.  For the record, I'd much prefer 6 years of Westburg than 2 more months of Frazier.

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think it's awesome.

tumblr_m07vl0aW4I1qm9rypo1_500.jpg

There are tons of pictures back in the day of players smoking in the dugouts before games. It's just surprising to hear about or see a professional athlete smoking cigarettes in this day in age when it's been so ostracized from our public social areas. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

There are tons of pictures back in the day of players smoking in the dugouts before games. It's just surprising to hear about or see a professional athlete smoking cigarettes in this day in age when it's been so ostracized from our public social areas. 

Agreed.  Even when I see someone smoking a cigarette today, I think to myself "People still do that?"

But when you see a professional athlete just not giving a ****....I dunno.  It's like "Yeah, I'm a top tier athlete, I can do this and get away with it, you probably can't."  

56 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Thoughts?? 

Probably not dont see us being sellers at the deadline, unless that has us bringing something back that helps the the Major League team (bullpen, maybe first base) but Minor League depth no.